Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Indicator on Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Indicator on Panel

Hello,

I have created an indicator and wish to have its default value for Panel be "Same as Input Series". I have set Overlay = true; within the Initialize event of the indicator, yet the default value in the window appears as "New Panel" as shown in the attached screenshot..

Am I missing some setting that would render the default value of Panel to be "Same as input series"?

I do not want to create a template or save default settings for this indicator as it will be used by others. I want to ensure that it loads on Panel 1 for all users.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Have you at any point saved a template for this indicator before making this change? This could be a template causing this, can you check the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Indicator to see if this item is in the folder?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had saved a template during the time I was experimenting with settings. Since then, I have deleted ALL templates in ALL template folders. I figured this might be the source of my problem, but deleting the templates did not resolve the issue.

Comment

Hello,

It seems if there are no templates the change with the code has not been loaded. Just to make sure, the code was recompiled after the change correct? Also have you restarted NinjaTrader since doing this?

Also if you create a new chart and try the indicator is this the same?

Comment

I have complied and restarted NT since deleting the templates.

I open a new chart, right-click to select Indicators. I choose my new indicator and can immediately see that the default setting for Panel is "New Panel".

If I change it manually, it updates the chart. I just wonder why I am unable to make "Same as Input Series" be the default value.

I have also tried forcing the value in my code. The indicator name is ibVolumeLadder and I have added the line: ibVolumeLadder.Panel = 1;. This too has failed to place the indicator on the main series.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

The Overlay = true should be the only item that is needed to control this,

Have you tried creating a blank indicator and using overlay = true; to see if the new indicator is listed and if this works?

Otherwise you could post the indicator and I could import and test it to see if I receive the same result, this would likely help find the problem.

Comment

What is the best way for me to send you the indicator?

Comment

Hello,

You can export the indicator and either upload it with your next post to this thread, or you can email me at platform support @ ninjatrader.com as well. If you email it in please include the link to this post.

Please see this page for export instructions: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nt7/export.htm specically the: Exporting NinjaScript Indicators or Strategies as Source Files

I will try the script to see if I get the same result, if not we can determine why on your end this is not working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes