Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator name problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator name problems

Hi Folks

I haven't come across this problem before in NT7 - please see graphic.

You'll see that on two indicators I've recently created, the name on the top gray bar doesn't correspond to name in the line:

Code:
    public class xxx : Indicator
    Also, as you'll see, the indicator box seems to show no indicator loaded yet there is indeed one loaded.

I've now relaunched NT7 but some of these problems persist.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    Attached Files

Hello arbuthnot,

Thanks for your post.

The name in the gray bar is the file name of the source file. Typically the filename and the indicator name are the same, in these examples that is not the case.

The indicator panel example looks like when a new chart has been opened and no indicator has been applied, that is the default behavior, the first indicator in the list is selected (as evidenced by the blue) and the parameters are shown to the right, however they are grayed out because the indicator has not been added to the chart as yet. You cannot change parameters until it has been added to the chart.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Added a bit later: there is a definite malfunction with my indicator 'Save As...'. There are these types of mistake whenever I try this now.

This could lead to a lot of problems with referencing indicators.

Looking forward to hearing how I can solve this issue.

Comment

Thanks, Paul, I hadn't seen your reply before I posted again.

There is a definite malfunction with my indicator 'Save As...'. There are these types of mistake whenever I try this now.

This could lead to a lot of problems with referencing indicators.

I've 'Saved As' on indicators hundreds on times and the two names always match exactly. There is obviously a fault with my system, could you kindly explain how I can rectify it? Much obliged.

(By the way, about the indicator box, the indicator highlighted in blue has nothing to do with it. Another indicator was loaded but it's name didn't appear below.)

Thanks for your further help in trying to resolve this issue.

Comment

Hello arbuthnot,

Thanks for your replies.

Does the save as issue occur when using save as on another indicator besides aaaPivotLines07?

I have seen indicators that do not display in the indicators list other than as a blank line. It is caused by using the line this.Name = ""; in the initialize section.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again, Paul.

I seem to remember having temporary glitches like this before. There must be a an issue deep within NT7, which hopefully won't be there in NT8.

What I've done is instead of 'Saving As...', I copied the code over to a newly created indicator - with a very different name. Then I deleted the all instances of the faulty indicator.

The new one can 'Save As' fine. Hopefully, the problem won't surface again.

Much obliged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes