Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Emini-Watch "NoD" No Demand translated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emini-Watch "NoD" No Demand translated.

Convert TS EasyLanguage code to NinjaTrader C# "NoD"

Its a free Emini-Watch TradeStation indicator I want converted to NinjaTrader C# script.

Yes, I bought all the Emini-Watch signals from Barry and highly recommend them.

My issue is using the "NoD" signal with ATM Strategies. Thus reason I want the "NoD" signal separated.

The code is as follows:
    "No Demand” Volume Pattern
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    H > H[1] and H > H[2] and V < V[1] and V < V[2] and (Range < Range[1] or Range < Range[2])
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    For more information on what the indicators does please see:
    Cutting edge trading indicator that uses average trade size to identify professional and amateur trading activity. Give yourself a real edge.

For NinjaTrader sample code see:

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by shawnh38 View Post
    My issue is using the "NoD" signal with ATM Strategies. Thus reason I want the "NoD" signal separated.
    Hello shawnh38,

Thank you for your post.

Can you expand upon your statement of "NoD" signal separated? What aspect of the calculation needs to be separated?

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the help.

I should of been more clear. I purchased the Pro-Am indicators (Its about 5 indicators in one zip file) from Emini-Watch.com. Its not user friendly for ATM.

One of the indicators is a No Demand signal. Its also offered for free at Barry's site. The code offered for free is in TradeStation EasyLanguage and it looks like this:
      ----------------------------
      H > H[1] and H > H[2] and V < V[1] and V < V[2] and (Range < Range[1] or Range < Range[2])

The bottom line is I just need help putting the above free EasyLanguage code into NinjaTrader language.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shawnh38 View Post
        Patrick,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the help.

I should of been more clear. I purchased the Pro-Am indicators (Its about 5 indicators in one zip file) from Emini-Watch.com. Its not user friendly for ATM.

One of the indicators is a No Demand signal. Its also offered for free at Barry's site. The code offered for free is in TradeStation EasyLanguage and it looks like this:

The bottom line is I just need help putting the above free EasyLanguage code into NinjaTrader language.

Thanks!
        That single line expression is easy enough to translate. The question is: "Is that all that you want/need? Or, do you want an indicator that is written to do something?"

Here is the translation of your expression:
        Code:
        High[0] > High[1] && High[0] > High[2] && Volume[0] < Volume[1] && Volume[0] < Volume[2] && (Range()[0] < Range()[1] || Range()[0] < Range()[2])
        If you wanted an indicator, then your request is woefully incomplete.

At the minimum, the Technical Specification must:
        1. Specify the desired outputs of the indicator, if any. Outputs are usually Plots, but may be any kind of structure: such as a boolean or string variable to indicate what trading action has been triggered.
        2. Specify the desired inputs of the indicator, if any.
        3. Describe the mechanics of generation of a signal. The easiest way is to just mechanically describe what the user would do if they were using the system in a discretionary fashion.
        4. Describe how they want to be notified of the generation of such a signal, such as, for example, “If a signal to buy is generated, draw an up arrow at the bar where that signal is generated.” et.c.,
        5. Describe fully any and all variables that they want tracked, and output.

Finally, a search of the file sharing section of the forum shows this: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=4&id=423. Is that somehow inadequate?
        Last edited by koganam; 09-19-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Nice! Thanks. Your translation covers my request. (I'll try to take it from here :-)

Appreciate your help, thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes