Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IRegion ZOrder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRegion ZOrder

Hi,
    I have two indicators that both draw regions between dataseries using DrawRegion(). One of them is always on top of the other, no matter what I do. It doesn't matter what I try with ZOrder= in Initialise(), or by manually changing the ZOrder on the chart. It doesn't matter what order I load them onto the chart either.
    Trouble is, I need them the opposite way they are stuck in right now.

How can I control the layering of regions drawn by two different indicators?

Thanks,
    saltminer

p.s. the one that is on top (and needs to be on the bottom) loads a second dataseries (a higher timeframe). Is that pertinent?

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for writing in. Do your indicators also do any plotting? If so, please try clicking on the indicator that is on top to highlight it. Hold down the shift key on your keyboard and scroll the wheel on your mouse. If you scroll the wheel slowly, the indicator should change its zindex. Alternatively, the indicators should automatically have their zindex determined by the order that you add them to the chart. Usually the first indicator you add will be beneath the second. If you could provide me a code snippet that demonstrates the issue, I would be happy to investigate further.

Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

As I said, I tried all that and nothing made any difference.
      But, I gave myself a hint to the solution in my question to you. For the benefit of others:
      I added a second DataSeries to the indicator that always plotted on the bottom. I don't need it for anything, but adding it (and thus equalling the number of dataseries in the indicator that always floated to the top) meant I could get that bottom layer to the top. Thank goodness.

saltminer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes