Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Refreshing Databox after a plot color was update to become visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshing Databox after a plot color was update to become visible

I am looking for a snippet code how to find if DataBox is opened, and then refresh it to reflect the current visible plots.

I am using multiple plots to quickly switch between different graphs, by switching colors of the plots using Color.Transparent.

The Data Box display only the Plots with color different from Color.Transparent. After I switch the plot color I call ChartControl.ChartPanel.Refresh();. This refresh the chart and if the Data Box is closed, the next time it opened, it display the current Plots values.

If the Data Box is open, I need to refresh it as well, and cause the plots to change in the Data Box as well.

Any suggestions?

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Data Box automatically updates upon moving the mouse over the chart.

As you have set the plots to transparent during the initial start up of your indicator, these plot values are not available to the Data Box even if you refreshed your chart through ChartControl.

This behavior does not occur if you have initially started your indicator up with a colored plot.

A way to get around this is to use the OnStartUp() method. Here, you can set your plot color to transparent and the Data Box will still have a value (as long as a color was specified for the plot during Initialize).

For more information about OnStartUp(), please take a look at the NinjaTrader help guide at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...?onstartup.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post zstheorist  
    Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes