Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawobjects sometimes not drawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawobjects sometimes not drawn

Hi,

I'm working on an indicator that puts certain draw objects onto the chart, such as trendlines, diamonds, etc. I have noticed that when I scroll through a historical chart bar by bar, such that the indicator is updated on very bar, sometimes some of the drawobjects are not drawn at all! However, if I then "Reload Ninjascript" using the right mouse button, the indicator will draw all objects properly.

So it almost looks like my code is OK, but NT sometimes 'forgets' to draw some of the objects.
    Do you know what is causing this? Am I overlooking something? And what can I do about it?

Thanks!

Hmm .. we are not aware of any bug related.

- please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.2
    - if issue persists: please provide a simple as possible indicator where drawing objects just disappear by scrolling the chart back and forth

Comment

I'm using the lastest NT version (I already noticed the problem half a year ago in earlier versions).

The problem is that my code is currently almost 3000 lines that I don't want to disclose. It will be quite a lot of work to strip it down, while preserving the problem.

My reasoning has always been that my code is OK because all drawingobjects are OK when I press "Reload Ninjascript" when the problem occurs. Is this a fair assumption?

The problem is also not consistent: with the same data and same chart sometimes objects are drawn and sometimes not. However, after "Reload Ninjascript" I always get the same situation (= the situation I expect).

Btw: tried on 3 different PCs and CPU load seems low.
      Last edited by FireFly; 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I see your point. However we would need a reproducible scenario in order to further analyze since we are not aware of any issue related.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          I see your point. However we would need a reproducible scenario in order to further analyze since we are not aware of any issue related.

I understand that. When I have time I'll see if I can strip the code while preserving the problem.

Anyway, it's not a high priority for me at this moment since I'm only using this indicator as an intermediate step to visualise the behaviour of parts of code that I'm writing for an automated strategy, so eventually I'm not going to need this indicator at all.

Comment

Understand

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            0 responses