Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Update indicator at scroll event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update indicator at scroll event

What event is used to update indicator at scroll event (price backwards/forwards), as in this indicator:

View a demonstration of the Historical Regression Channel Indicator for NinjaTrader. For more information, please visit: www.indicatorwarehouse.com U.S. Gov...

Any of the bundled indicators to learn from?

Kindly, Fredrik

Hello FREEN,

Thank you for your note.

You can look into the Power Volume indicators for indicators that would update based on moving the chart: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...indicators.htm

Comment

The Volume Zones Indicator is the one running on historical data and the one I try to learn from how to update based on moving the chart events.

The Plot() method is used for plotting. But I can´t see what event calls this method. Is the Plot() method called at all graphical chart events "behind the scenes"?

Suggested readings on this?

Comment

Interesting, Someone has copied the indicator anaRegressionChannel that I have posted at Big Mike's a few years ago.

The only thing needed to backdate indicators when you scroll horizontally is a custom plot. I have coded lots of these indicators, for example you can also have a look at the SessionPivots indicators which can be downloaded in this forum.

If you wish to get a free copy of the Regression Channel indicator for studying the code of the custom plot, please let me know via private message.

Originally posted by FREEN View Post
        What event is used to update indicator at scroll event (price backwards/forwards), as in this indicator:

View a demonstration of the Historical Regression Channel Indicator for NinjaTrader. For more information, please visit: www.indicatorwarehouse.com U.S. Gov...

Any of the bundled indicators to learn from?

Kindly, Fredrik

Comment

Thanks Harry, you´ve got a PM!

If indicatorwarehouse.com copied you´re code and made a product of it I hope a sufficent dose of bad carma falls back on them. Nothing irritates me more than companies utilise the open source/information mentality for their own benefit. Even worse when patent or proprietary claims are made. That´s why I would never touch an Apple product!

Comment

Actually, I do not know. whether the code has been copied, but it is likely. The change was not difficult to do. Just a few lines, less than half an hour of work.

I will send you the copy of the indicator.

Comment

What I would hope for was easily moving existing code from OnBarUpdate() to an event method something like OnRender() or OnChartScroll().

Noticed there´s the "publicoverridevoidOnRender(ChartControlchartControl,ChartScalechartScale)" method in NT8. Maybe it´s time to migrate to NT8 rather than struggling with custom plotting in NT7?

Comment

This is brilliant, Harry. Thanks for sharing.

- Gordon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                25 responses
                0 likes