Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to NT8

Hi

Is there a nack to moving indicators from nt7 to nt8 I have all the code but I get so many errors it is silly.

I have quite a few indicators so would like to do this myself, I have read through the code breaking post but the errors are not listed there.

Regards

Lucy

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

There would be no nack to this, mainly each script would need to be migrated into NinjaTrader 8 making changes where needed.

The code breaking changes are essentially changes to NinjaScript that would "break" a script between NinjaTrader 7 and 8 and need to be corrected in order for the script to work in 8. This page also only is a cross reference, this would be valuable while programming when you need to use a NT7 item and don't know what the NT8 equivalent would be.

If you had copied and pasted all of the code at once, this would actually create more errors and be less beneficial. instead it would be recommended to Create a new script in the NinjaScript editor and go section by section. I.E. Copy just your variables, compile and check for errors, migrate Initialize to the correct states, check for errors etc..

For errors, if you are unsure of the error messages, please post the message to the fourm or send them to our platform support @ ninjatrader.com and we would be happy to assist with any information we can.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Javierw.ok  
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes