• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bollinger and CalculateOnBarClose = false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollinger and CalculateOnBarClose = false

Hello everyone, I 'm trying to do a simple indicator Bollinger Bands and the option of CalculateOnBarClose = false. I want to detect when the price touches the upper band and also detect when the price touches the lower band.

When the price first touches the upper Bollinger band I want to mark it with an arrow:

This part I do so:

if ((CrossAbove(Close, Bollinger(stddev,period).Upper, 1)))
    {

DrawArrowUp(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, GetCurrentAsk();, Color.DodgerBlue);
    }

When the price first touches the lower Bollinger band I want to mark it with an arrow:

This part I do so:

if (CrossBelow(Close, Bollinger(stddev,period).Lower, 1))
    {
    DrawArrowDown(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, GetCurrentBid(), Color.Fuchsia) ;
    }
    But doing so what I get is that whenever the price hits the upper or lower Bollinger band draws an arrow, and this is not exactly what I want.

I want exactly, when the price first touches the upper Bollinger band draw an arrow . And not redraw an upward arrow until it has not produced before a downward arrow.

For example , it is well to understand what I want, An upward arrow and the next arrow is to be drawn can not be bullish must be a downward arrow is drawn.

ThankYou very much!

Hello fisagol,

Thanks for your post.

This can be handled by using bool logic in each of the conditions. We can use 2 bool variable to control this. Lets call them upArrowDrawn and downArrowDrawn, they would need to be initialized to true in the variable declarations area.

Code:
    if ((CrossAbove(Close, Bollinger(stddev,period).Upper, 1)) && downArrowDrawn) 
    {

DrawArrowUp(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, GetCurrentAsk();, Color.DodgerBlue);
    downArrowDrawn = false;  // set to false to prevent any further up arrows
    upArrowDrawn = true;       // set to true so next arrow drawn would be down arrow
    }

if (CrossBelow(Close, Bollinger(stddev,period).Lower, 1) && upArrowDrawn) 
    {
    DrawArrowDown(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, GetCurrentBid(), Color.Fuchsia) ;
    upArrowDrawn = false;     // set to false to prevent further down arrows
    downArrowDrawn = true;  // set to true so next arrow drawn will be up arrow.
    }
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply, I had not occurred!.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ralett, Today, 11:28 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
      Started by ChazJ, Today, 09:59 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse