Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Layering indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigRo
    replied
    your welcome.

i dont know if u saw my edit. but i think u could even make the color of the lines transparent. that would be even better bc since ur area has (as u said) an opacity you would still see the lines even when using the same color. with transparent they should be totally invisible but still selectable since its easy to figure out where on the chart to click.

Leave a comment:

• BReal
    replied
    Thanks BigRo! I didn't know that function existed. I'll have to add those vertical lines but that should be easy enough. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• BigRo
    replied
    you can move indicators as well as the bars to diffrent layers by using Shift+mousewheel. however, this only works if you actually select a drawn object of that indicator (or the bars). im not sure if the colored background is an selectable object, but i think its not. so you wouldnt be able to actually move it then.

the way i would approach this issue is to mark the end of the colored zone (as well as the beginning if you wish) with an vertical line using "DrawVerticalLine" - if you want u can make it even the same color as ur area (or even transparent) to make it blend as much as possible.

that way you can select ur indicator on the chart by clicking on those vertical lines and then u could easily adjust the layers as u wish using (as i said) shift+mousewheel
    Last edited by BigRo; 11-08-2015, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BReal
    started a topic Layering indicators

Layering indicators

I have an indicator that colors the background based on my criteria using the BackColorAll function. I also use the ColorTimeRegions indicator to color the night time. I have modified the ColorTimeRegions indicator to have an opacity so I can still see my indicator beneath it. Because indicators layer on top of each other in the order you activate the indicators, if I decide to change my indicator I then have to remove ColorTimeRegions and then reactivate it so it is the top layer again. Is there a way to designate an indicator to be the top layer or in any way modify the order of the layering of the indicators?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post maybeimnotrader  
Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post quantismo  
Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM