Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plots unaffected by compiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plots unaffected by compiling

Hi. Im currently working on an oscillator. for the purpose of better visualisation i added following plots in the initialize section
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 100, "1"));
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 200, "2"));
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 0, "3"));

and it did add those lines like it should.

However. now i can do whatever i want, i neither can change them nor remove them. i stumbled across this issue when tryin to change the tag

Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 0, "Zero Line"));

which didnt work. meaning, in the indicatorwindow (after reloading the scripts) it still showed the old tag.
    further changes to the color or the value didnt work. i even removed the lines in the code including the plot for the actual oscillator and it still showed up with no change at all. restart didnt work either.

all other changes i make to the code do change the thing. (so i have the right indicator added to the chart, i know that) but everything plot related doesnt do sht.

HELP?

Originally posted by BigRo View Post
    Hi. Im currently working on an oscillator. for the purpose of better visualisation i added following plots in the initialize section
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 100, "1"));
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 200, "2"));
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 0, "3"));

and it did add those lines like it should.

However. now i can do whatever i want, i neither can change them nor remove them. i stumbled across this issue when tryin to change the tag

Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 0, "Zero Line"));

which didnt work. meaning, in the indicatorwindow (after reloading the scripts) it still showed the old tag.
    further changes to the color or the value didnt work. i even removed the lines in the code including the plot for the actual oscillator and it still showed up with no change at all. restart didnt work either.

all other changes i make to the code do change the thing. (so i have the right indicator added to the chart, i know that) but everything plot related doesnt do sht.

HELP?
    Unload and reload the indicator into the chart.

Comment

yeah... no that didnt help. its really strange.

can having "set as default" by rightclicking in the indicator setting have something to do with it?

Comment

ok i finally got it to work after changing the name of the indicator.
        when i change the name back (with no other changes) however it still applies the old code. i dont even get where it gets the code from to do that since i deleted the lines

whatever. i will use a diffrent name now and work from there, that will do but isnt that some kind of bug? maybe someone should look into that. bc i feel that shouldnt be happening.

EDIT: oh comon. i thought it was bc i set the plot settings as default the last time, but turns out, i still cant change the plot values or color or whatever. meanign that i have to change the name of the indicator everytime i do codechanges to the plot-lines bc aparently once the code gets bound to a name, im impossible to change it.
        how retarded is this pls.
        Last edited by BigRo; 12-02-2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hello BigRo,

Could you please reply with your script attached, so that I may investigate this behavior further?

You can attach your strategy to your response by going to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript > Export selected source files > select your strategy > select the right arrow > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

You could post the script to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the script as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

aparently its nothing script related but instead nt has troubles writing the NinjaTrader.Custom.ddl correctly. deleting this does help but doin this for every change is rather painfull. i might just have to try reinstalling ninjatrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno
            by chbruno

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
            10 responses
            1 like