Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Swing length count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing length count

I am looking to simply collect all the swing length data points and plot the average (in ticks). I believe there may be some value in knowing the average swing length.

Attached is the original swing length indicator...

Attached Files

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
    I am looking to simply collect all the swing length data points and plot the average (in ticks). I believe there may be some value in knowing the average swing length.

https://gyazo.com/570ed1862f926ed30a52ea1137e3f0fc
    Like the picture, you mean?
    Attached Files

Comment

Koganam,
      Are your Pivot points?
      1) calculated/plotted at the time of the close of the bar they occur on.
      2) or are they confirmed some bar or bars later and then plotted back in time
      3) or are they readjusted based on other factors
      4) some combination of the above

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
        Koganam,
        Are your Pivot points?
        1) calculated/plotted at the time of the close of the bar they occur on.
        That is impossible in an absolute sense. A Swing point can only be determined with some amount of hindsight: one can only know a swing has occurred after the extreme is qualified, and an extreme cannot be qualified until some time/bars have passed. One cannot see into the future to know that this very bar will be the extreme bar.
        ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?p=405535
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...t.php?p=405489

2) or are they confirmed some bar or bars later and then plotted back in time
        Pretty much the same question and answer as above.
        3) or are they readjusted based on other factors
        There is no adjustment. This is also pretty much the same question/answer as the previous two.
        4) some combination of the above

Thanks
        Jerry
        Which see.

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post

https://gyazo.com/570ed1862f926ed30a52ea1137e3f0fc
          Where is the average of those swings on the chart?Or are you looking for that feature instead?

Comment

That feature indeed has value,if not too far away.I`m also wondering if there`s such an indicator somewhere on the NT?

Comment

PriceActionSwingPro

Originally posted by outsource View Post
              That feature indeed has value,if not too far away.I`m also wondering if there`s such an indicator somewhere on the NT?
              There is a free indicator called PriceActionSwing available at BMT, now called futures.io.

This indicator actually contains 3 indicators. Once you download and import it into your NinjaTrader 7, you're interested in the "PriceActionSwingPro" indicator -- note the "Pro" suffix.

Download from here:
              The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Look carefully at the picture included included at link above. See that button "Hide Statistic" in the toolbar? That was added there by PASPro. You'll need to find the setting to enable the display of that button (look for "Statistics" property under "Swing Features" -- set it to your choice, such as "Bottom"). After that, pressing the "Show Statistic" button in the toolbar shows the statistics panel at the bottom of the chart window, just like in the picture. The button changes to "Hide Statistic" when the statistics panel is displayed.

Is that what you're looking for?

Comment

You may also want to study the PriceActionSwingOscillator, which shows you a graphical view of the size of the swings.

For an example, see the bottom panel in that picture at the download link above.
                Last edited by bltdavid; 07-30-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
                  There is a free indicator called PriceActionSwing available at BMT, now called futures.io.

This indicator actually contains 3 indicators. Once you download and import it into your NinjaTrader 7, you're interested in the "PriceActionSwingPro" indicator -- note the "Pro" suffix.

Download from here:
                  The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Look carefully at the picture included included at link above. See that button "Hide Statistic" in the toolbar? That was added there by PASPro. You'll need to find the setting to enable the display of that button (look for "Statistics" property under "Swing Features" -- set it to your choice, such as "Bottom"). After that, pressing the "Show Statistic" button in the toolbar shows the statistics panel at the bottom of the chart window, just like in the picture. The button changes to "Hide Statistic" when the statistics panel is displayed.

Is that what you're looking for?
                  Thank you,David.Probably.If you or anyone can clarify the meaning of the logic for some of the statistics metrics that the PAS displays.For e.g,what does the columns - "Swing Count" and "Length" under the Swing Length tab signify?

If the "Swing Count" calculates the number of swings(over what period?) and the "Length" is the average value for that swings,then yes,it`s exactly what i`m looking for.The question remains though,over what period and how do i set up that value to calculate the number of swings?

thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post junkone
                  by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                  5 responses