Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MIgrating a third-party indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIgrating a third-party indicator

I am trying to get an indicator, (which was written by a third party), migrated from 5.0 to 6.5. I got the indicator from the person who developed the idea but not the code. I told him I would try to get it working in 6.5. It works in 5.0. When I tried to import it into 6.5 and edit it to see if it would compile, I got a series of CS0433 error codes which aren't documented on the MSDN site at all. The verbage is " The type "NinjTrader.Indicator.WoodiesCCI exists in both 'c:\Documents and Settings\DLNordin\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll' and 'c:\Documents and Settings\DL Nordin\My Documents\NInjaTrader 6.5\bin\custom\Inidcator\QERIndicator.dll'.

I get essentially the same error message for WoodiesPivots as well. Between the two error messages there are 16 instances of the problem.

The other error message I am getting is
    'The type or namespace name 'IndicatorSeries' could not be found (are you missing a using directore or an assembly reference?'

The error code for that message is CS0246 which directs me to CS0234 which includes instructions on how to add the third party dll to the reference table, which I've done and which then causes all of the above error messages to show up. That error message occurs four times.

I hope you can give me some guidance as to how to fix these error messages.

Thanks

daven

Unfortunately this indicator needed to be recoded in NT6.5. There is no way around.

Comment

Recode Indicator

I know a few things changed with respect to how an indicator needed to be coded for 6.5 versus 5.0. Could you point me to a resource to understand what has to change?
      thanks

Comment

A good source should be release notes: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...easeNotes.html
        However, NT6 release notes no longer are available unfortunately.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post kaywai
        by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes