Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Darvas Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darvas Question

I have a question that pertains to a number of indicators but Darvas is a good example of my misunderstanding. Among other things, Darvas returns a bool BuySignal and bool SellSignal. In some of my code I try the following:

if (Darvas(Close).SellSignal)
    {
    DrawArrowDown( etc.);
    }

My problem is that I never get any DownArrows on my chart, at least on historical data. I haven't tried it on real time data.
    My DrawArrowDown code statement is OK because if I substitute true in the if statement then I get down arrows.

I am wondering if I first need to check to see if my Darvas(Close).SellSignal contains a valid value before checking for true/false? If it doesn't contain a valid value then does my indicator throw an exception that prevents it from running properly?

Darvas().BuySignal returns a bool and not a BoolSeries and I was wondering if that is presenting a problem for me in my understanding since I can't use the [0] to reference the current bar? Thanks in advance for the help in helping me understand.

We will look into it. Thanks.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi higler !

The problem in the Darvas indicator is fixed and the fix will be available with the next update.

Thanks for reporting,
      Christian
      ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Can you tell me if the problem is in the Ninja Script code? Should it return a BoolSeries instead of a bool or is there something else? This question is just for my own edification because I am trying to understand the programming difference between an indicator returning a bool vs a BoolSeries and how I can use the return values and the useage in historical data vs real time data. Thanks.

Comment

The problem is with the Darvas indicator and not with your code. We will provide a fixed version with next NT update available in a few weeks.

Comment

Great, I can see someone else already posted on this. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes