• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicators with @ in the front

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators with @ in the front

I saw a code on this forum SampleGetHighLowByTimeRange.cs which uses two other indicators @MIN.cs and @MAX.cs.

(1) Why does an indicator code have a "@" in front of the name? Does the "@" indicate that it is meant to be callable from another code?

(2) If yes, then how does the a code X that calls an indicator in code Y, know within its code that it needs to use an external file code Y to read that indicator?

Hello uday12,

Thank you for writing in.

The @ sign in front of the name simply means that this is a system indicator that was included with NinjaTrader.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. I think it is similar to an include statement, or treating that script as a function that is called and returning a value.

2. I think when ninjatrader starts up, all indicator script file class names are loaded or registered into it's memory, so when it makes a call to Max or Min, it if can't find it in it's memory, it throws an error.

Comment

Originally posted by balltrader View Post
        1. I think it is similar to an include statement, or treating that script as a function that is called and returning a value.

2. I think when ninjatrader starts up, all indicator script file class names are loaded or registered into it's memory, so when it makes a call to Max or Min, it if can't find it in it's memory, it throws an error.
        Suppose I create two indicators IND1 and IND2, and I save IND1 as @IND1. Then can I call IND1 within the IND2 code, or do I need to do anything special?

Comment

Hello uday12,

You do not need an @ in front of the indicator's file name in order to call the indicator from another indicator.

The @ only signifies that the indicator is an indicator included with NInjaTrader by default.
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by johnnybegoode, Today, 11:35 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
          Started by NickyD, Today, 09:07 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes