Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Intellisense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intellisense

I could be mistaken - but I thought that the editor brought up a list of properties and methods after you type the period after an object. If that's the case then it appears to have stopped working on my installation (5.1.1000.1) - if it doesn't have this then I'm just getting confused with visual studio...

imported post

The intellisense in the editor is lacking if you are use to VS. If you type "System." the intellisense works. Apparently the next release of the editor that we use will have a more feature rich intellisense.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I see what you're saying - thanks. It's not a bad editor though - better than most.

Comment

No intellisense in child strategy class for enums declared in a base Strategy Class?

Hello,

I have been writing NT Strategies such as "MyStrategy1" based off of a base class "MyBaseStrategy" (written like "MyStrategy1 : MyBaseStrategy"), that in turn is based on the NT "Strategy" class (written like "MyBaseStrategy : Strategy").

I have noticed that intellisense in my child strategy class "MyStrategy1" works for all variables declared in my "MyBaseStrategy" base class, but does not work for enums written in my "MyBaseStrategy" base class. When I declare the enums in the child strategy class, intellisense works.

How can I get intellisense in my child strategy class to work for enums declared in my base strategy class?

Thanks in advance!

ChiTrader2000

Comment

Unfortunately inheritance is beyond the scope of what we provide support for. It may or may not work. There definitely could be areas where you might hit the wall. You would need to try on your own.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion