Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ind works on tick charts but not daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ind works on tick charts but not daily

I made a very simple indicator. Historical, no plots, no dataseries, just two variables printed via drawtext. I do not reference chart type, tick, min, day, etc. It works perfectly on tick charts but does not show up on daily.

What are the possible issues?

Thank you.

Hello imalil,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Could you please reply with your script attached, so that I may investigate this behavior further?

You can attach your indicator to your response by going to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript > Export selected source files > select your Indicator > select the right arrow > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

You could post the script to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the script as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Also, please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Shawn, I will do that. In the mean time could you tell me possible issues which could cause this problem so I may solve on my end?

I use CQG.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Without seeing more information about what settings you are using and the status of your platform and connection, there would be no way to tell where the issue could be coming from.

However, you could open an Output Window and monitor the output Window for any messages when you enable your script.
        You can open an Output Window by going to tools Output Window.

Any messages about your script will also be displayed in the log tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Here is the error I'm getting in the log window. Keep in mind this thing works on tick charts.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello imalil,

Could you please reply with your script attached, so that I may investigate this behavior further?

You can attach your indicator to your response by going to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript > Export selected source files > select your Indicator > select the right arrow > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

You could post the script to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the script as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Also, please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes