Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

convert Sierra indy to Ninja script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert Sierra indy to Ninja script

Sierra Charting has a built-in indicator MacdBB using Heken Ashi to show as a coloured dot.
    NT has a similar looking indy but not sure if Ha's are part of it. Don't know what I would need to show here b ut if anyone can help or has asked same questions - It would be neat.
    Attached Files

Hello Brian Meade,

Heiken-Ashi indicators are built-in to NinjaTrader 7. You can use this indicator's data series and modified OHLC data in your indicator by changing its input series from "CL 05-16 (13 Range)" to the output of an Heiken-Ashi indicator with the CL input series passed into it.

While I am unsure whether your custom MACDBBLines indicator uses Heiken-Ashi already, and there is a risk of using H-A twice, I have reviewed the code of the MACD indicator, and it does not use H-A, meaning that it is available to use the H-A indicator as its input series.

If your source for MACDBBLines is open, you will know it uses H-A already if it has lines similar to these from the built-in H-A indicator's source :

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New]            HAClose.Set((Open[0] + High[0] + Low[0] + Close[0]) * 0.25); // Calculate the close
                HAOpen.Set((HAOpen[1] + HAClose[1]) * 0.5); // Calculate the open
                HAHigh.Set(Math.Max(High[0], HAOpen[0])); // Calculate the high
                HALow.Set(Math.Min(Low[0], HAOpen[0])); // Calculate the low[/FONT]
    If those lines are present, your MACDBBLines indicator already uses H-A. If they are not, set H-A as your input series.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jessica. You are dealing with a complete learner here so please bear with me if my questions/comments seem silly. I have opened the indicator that I downloaded from another source and applied to my Ninja Charting. There is no reference to HA at all so i am guessing now I need to try & do what you suggested.
      If those lines are present, your MACDBBLines indicator already uses H-A. If they are not, set H-A as your input series.

Can you talk (walk) me thru this please - not sure whether you are talking about the data series panel or what? Thanks for helping.

Comment

I am happy to help. I have attached a picture as a reference. Please follow the following 8 steps to use a Heiken-Ashi indicator as the data feed to your custom indicator.

1. In the indicators screen, double-click on your custom indicator in the menu in the upper left
        2. Select the "Input series" property
        3. Select the "..." that pops up
        4. In the new window, select Heiken-Ashi from the menu on top
        5. Select your instrument's data feed as the Heiken-Ashi's data feed
        6. Press OK
        7. Press Apply
        8. Press OK

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
        Attached Files

Comment

awesome work thanks Jessica. Much appreciated.

Comment

is there a way that I can just show Ha candles in a separate window - my main chart window has Range bars so I need the Ha to be based on the same input eg 13Range bar in main chart and a Ha bar based also on 13 Range in window #2,. Slightly different approach to my original question. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Brian,

To accomplish this in a new section of the same chart, you will need to add the HA indicator as a separate indicator, and make sure its Panel property is set to "New Panel". To do this in an entirely new window, you will need to create a new chart by selecting File -> New -> Chart -> Double-click on your instrument -> OK . If I misunderstood what you meant, or if there is any other way I can help, please let me know.

Comment

thx once again Jessica - attached chart shows I have succcessfully installed the Ha's in a separate panel but now the price bars/candles have gone ? Any ideas please.
                Thx
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Brian,

If you press ctrl + f on a chart to bring up the data properties window, then change the PlotExecutions field to TextAndMarker, this should recover your standard range bars. Please let us know if this is not the case or if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Hi Jessica - tried this but still no standard bars showing. Any other suggestions? Many thanks.

Comment

Hello Brian,

Could I ask you to send me some screen shots of some of your settings? Please increase window size so that all properties are showing when possible :

• Ctrl + F to bring up the data series window
                      • Ctrl + I to bring up the Indicators window
                      • Right click on the chart -> Properties to bring up the chart properties window

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                      Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                      Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

hope these snapshots will help Thx
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Brian, I will test on my end and reply soon with my results.

Comment

Hello Brian,

Thank you for providing that information. We still are not seeing the bars disappear in our tests, would it be possible for you to send your updated indicator settings as well? This would be similar to the picture I sent you earlier.

Comment

is this what you need. Thanks Jessica.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn