Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HeatMap NT code examples (3d->2d presentation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeatMap NT code examples (3d->2d presentation)

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some NinjaScript code sample to produce a heatmap-like graphics in NT. Example here: http://www.traderblogs.com/themesasoftwareblog/.
    I'm not talking about one specific indicator calculation, but just code portion of it to turn any 3d data into a heatmap.

Even some instructions on how to go about programming it in NT would be much appreciated.

P.S. I'm a senior .net developer just starting to use NT

Hi zlpele,

We do not have reference samples for this, but it can definitely be done. You can try just using C# draws to do it. Or you can try using NinjaScript's DrawLine or DrawRectangle and just fill in the whole screen with lines drawn with different colors.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh, thanks for your prompt reply.
      Couple of questions:
      1) You mentioned 'c# draws' - does this mean that NT exposes indicator's drawing area as standard .net canvas? If not, could you please clarify?
      2) How one goes about becoming a Certified NinjaScript Expert?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes you can use canvas, but we cannot provide support for this. Please see the documentation for Plot override. There should be a prebuilt indicator titled CustomPlotSample demonstrating how to use it.

Comment

2) Josh is a Certified Expert in that he is on our pay roll in a part time fashion. No one esle has this designation. If you are interested in being a NinjaScript Certified Consultant to offer custom programming services to the community, then you need to send an email to me at ray at ninjatrader dot com.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh, Ray
            1) I checked CustomPlotSample code, but it does not show how to target currentbar drawing area - canvas rectangle below currentbar in the indicator panel area. Graphics object in the sample is for the whole indicator panel canvas, while all I want is vertical stripe below currentbar.
            2) Any samples showing how to vary indicator line color based on some criteria. E.g. color it green when it's going up (Value > Value[1]), and red when it's going down (Value < Value[1]).
            3) When referencing a 3rd party .net dll that has been put in GAC, do we need to reference it using absolute path as well, or using directive is sufficient?

Sorry for asking all this, but I was not able to find any Developer's guide or HowTo's for NT.

Comment

1) Unfortunately we are just unable to provide this level of support. This is dipping into C# and we just can't cover all aspects of C#. The use of the Plot method is completely up to the user to discover. Suggestion though: Plot method may not be the most applicable method to use. If I were you I would opt for just using lines that have enough thickness to color the whole indicator panel for you. Add many lines sequentially from 1 to -1 and fill in every gap. Then just have the colors reflect what you want on the various lines where you want. It becomes like a color matrix.

2) Please check out the reference sample for the indicator reflecting Multi-Colored Plots

3) Not sure of your exact setup. Give it a try both ways I suppose.

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way

The use of the Plot method is completely up to the user to discover.
                So if you are new to Ninja Trader and new to programming you are ...... going to take years to discover what Ninja Script can do?

This is not a criticism of Josh or all the other guys that help - he has his help criteria that he must follow.

However, I think NT is a very good product hampered by insufficient support. Here you have a guy who ticks all the boxes programming wise and even he is having difficulty getting started. I feel like I use NT with one hand tied behind my back and blindfolded ( from someone who does NOT tick all the boxes programming wise :-) ).

Comment

Hi Mindset,

Thanks for posting your opinion - learning to use NinjaScript will be a very individual experience, just like in any other language. But I feel for one's input there's a nice reward waiting, because you can use and access the full C# library once you are working on this level.

To get started on the right foot, we have great tutorials covering various trading related aspects - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

For strategies, please follow this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview39.html

Our reference samples are also a great source - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...splay.php?f=30
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Waxavi
                  by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                  0 responses