Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy/Sell signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by optiontrader View Post
    Ok so FINALLY I am seeing some results....completely wrong results....but results nonetheless. Any idea why I am getting the follow?
    You are putting a semicolon [;] at the end of your if statements. When that occurs you are telling your strategy to do nothing when that check occurs. if statements follow the format of if( condition )
    action ;
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah the details! And that's why they pay you the big bucks Thank you kindly sir. I can only work on this at night, this week. So I will go back tonight and keep plugging away at it. Thanks again, huge help from everyone in this community.

Comment

Wow not bad for my very first attempt at making an indicator lol. I used an entirely different set of indicators from what I originally wanted. Still a lot to be done but at least I am seeing some results. Thank you all for your help. I will continue to build upon this strategy.
        Attached Files

Comment

How can I add the Accumulation/Distribution line into the mix? I did a search and came up with (Rising(AD)) but apparently that is incorrect.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

By adding it to the mix, are you asking how to check if the AD is rising or how to visually display the indicator?

Can you provide more detail on the use intended for AD?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to know when the AD line is rising and falling.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

To know when any indicator is Rising or Falling, not just the AD, you could use the syntax you provided but it would need to be surrounded by an if statement like the following:

Code:
                if(Rising(SMA(12)))
                {
                	//the sma is rising so an action	
                }
                In this example, you would need to replace SMA(12) with the name of the indicator you want to use and any parameters it takes.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ift stochastic

Hi I am looking for the IFT Sthocastic Indicator for ninjatrader can someone help me find it is a common one but cant find anywhere for NINJA

Comment

Originally posted by Delfin View Post
                    Hi I am looking for the IFT Sthocastic Indicator for ninjatrader can someone help me find it is a common one but cant find anywhere for NINJA
                    What is it? How is it any different from the other Stochastic indicators, Fast, Slow and Full?

Comment

How can I add the following criteria???

DirectionalMovement[+DI,14,14] < DirectionalMovement[-DI,14,14]+1) OR
                      (Bar[Close,5] < Bar[Open,5])

Not only do I not understand how to incorporate the "OR" statement but not sure how to add the this part (Bar[Close,5] < Bar[Open,5])

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by optiontrader View Post
                        How can I add the following criteria???

DirectionalMovement[+DI,14,14] < DirectionalMovement[-DI,14,14]+1) OR
                        (Bar[Close,5] < Bar[Open,5])

Not only do I not understand how to incorporate the "OR" statement but not sure how to add the this part (Bar[Close,5] < Bar[Open,5])

TIA
                        That is not the way to reference any indexed value in an object. Both of your references are defective. Read the NT Help for the correct syntax. It is much easier that way. I do not know what your intent is with the DirectionalMovement, so I cannot correct that syntax. IOW, what I have here is only to show you how to use the logical "or" and how to reference the bars properties using an index. You do have to use the correct syntax for the DirectionalMovement.
                        Code:
                        DirectionalMovement[+DI,14,14] < DirectionalMovement[-DI,14,14]+1)[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]/*this preceding sytax is invalid*/[/COLOR] || (Close[5] < Open[5])
                        ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ovement_dm.htm
                        Last edited by koganam; 05-14-2016, 08:26 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.

Comment

That is the only correct part of the statement that I put in the original response. Read it again please.

Comment

custom colored columns

Hi, I have 4 indicators that I use in columns on ThinkorSwim (TOS). I need help making 3 of them on Ninja trader. The indicators are Netsignal, Opening Signal, High/Low. The code in TOS for netsignal is:
                            #Net Signal
                            plot NetSignal = close - close[1];
                            basically the last price of todays daily candle - yesterdays daily close

Opening Signal :
                            def change = close[0] - open[0];
                            plot OpenSignal = if change > 0 then 1 else if change < 0 then -1 else 0;
                            basically the last of current daily candle - opening price of current daily candle

Previous Days High/Low:
                            #High / Low Signal
                            plot HL = if close > high[1] then 1 else if close < low[1] then -1 else 0;
                            basically checks previous days high being broken and gives a code and the same for the revious days low.

I am new to ninjascript and do not know the wording of how to accomplish this. I know once it becomes an idicator how to implement in the chart but do not know how to script this. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

Ift

the IFT is an stochastic that that includes the inverse fisher transform is good to identify trend TOS has it but I have not see it in Ninja. Pls let me know if you know where can i download this indicator for Ninja TY

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Rapine Heihei