Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 re-install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 re-install

hi I using win10 with NT8

I am having weird compilation issues I can't make sense of. I am getting error that namespace of one of my indicators is not found and asking if I'm missing a reference.

The indicator its complaining about is one of my own, the source file is not in the indicators folder and is not used by any other indicator that is installed.

I did a search for the indicator name in the NT8 documents folder and found the indicator in a few files

NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj
    NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    NinjaTrader.Custom.xml
    Config.xml
    UI.xml

Any ideas?

Hello onnb1,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send us a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column) to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, referencing this unique ID

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi and thanks for following up

See the screenshot with the errors - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20%23253.png

When I double click on these lines, nothing happens. In other words, the file JSPriceMap.cs does not open. That is because the file JSPriceMap.cs does not exist.

Comment

I'm happy to help.

Could you also send a screen shot of the window that appears when you right-click in the editor and select "References" ? I am including a sample from my own system so you can see the window I am talking about. Please expand it as necessary so that we can see all the references you are using. If you would like to send this information privately, please e-mail platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, referencing the following number in the body of your e-mail : 1509213

Comment

Thanks for offering to make it private. For now we are good like this. You can see that the references are the standard ones.

Comment

Thank you for providing that information. I believe this will give me the last piece of information I need. I would like you to load a Windows Command Prompt, which you can load by pressing the windows key and r at the same time, typing in cmd, and pressing enter. Once it is loaded, please enter these commands into the command prompt.

cd "%UserProfile%\My Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\custom"
            dir /s -filter "*.cs" -filter "*.dll" > %UserProfile%\Desktop\output.txt

I would then like to review the output.txt file this generates on your desktop.

Comment

thanks Jessica!
              Your last comment prompted me to delete some files and it now compiles just fine.
              Issue closed, I am good to go.

Onn

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses