Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PSAR Acceleration Step & Dot colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSAR Acceleration Step & Dot colors

I am transferring my chart from StrategyDesk to NT8, and the PSAR indicator is not co-operating.

My PSAR settings needed are:

Acceleration: 0.01
    Acceleration Max: 0.2
    Acceleration step: 0.01

Acceleration step will not hold to 0.01. It jumps back to 0.02. Is there a way to fix this so the variable can remain at 0.01?

Also, can you provide some coding help in regards to the PSAR dot colors?

I would like to be able to choose specific dot color when the PSAR is above the price, and a different color when the PSAR is below the price.

Thanks in advance!

Hello ArmKnuckle,

Thanks for your post.

The NinjaTrader Parabolic Sar indicator has minimum levels of 0.02 for both Acceleration max and Acceleration Step and a minimum of 0.00 for Acceleration. The minimums are why you are unable to set a lower value. The indicator minimums are the same as existing in Ninjatrader 7.

As we have provided the source code with the platform you are able to make a copy of the indicator, rename it and then edit it to change as you see fit. As you want to also color the dots this is another customization that you can do.

To assist you I have created an example copy of Parabolic Sar that allows for Acceleration Step to be a minimum of 0.01 and have added code to color the dots. You can use this to effect further changes if needed. Please note that we do not provide code writing service and this is being supplied as a working example of what can be done. If you wish further modification this would need to be done by yourself or a 3rd party provider.

To install, please download to a known location such as download folder or desktop. In NinjaTrader control center Tools>import>Ninjascript - navigate to the file location and select the zipped files and click "Open", this will install "testPsar" in your system.
    Attached Files
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you! The indicator is great!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post r68cervera