Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator to highlight candle above predefined volume ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator to highlight candle above predefined volume ?

hi all

I'm looking for an indicator to highlight a candle (1min , 5min , 15 min .. etc , any timeframe used) if that candle have above or equal predefined volume size ?

ex. to highlight a candle on 5 min chart (the timeframe used atm) if volume in that candle is above 6000.

Any indicator out there doing such simple job ?

the idea is simple and to be used to see what common volume used to do x or to do y.
    it is just some idea came to my mind and i want to test its usability !
    Last edited by omrangassan; 05-25-2016, 07:39 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unsure of a specific pre made item that would highlight a bar for X volume, but this would be a very simple item to create if you wanted to.

The logic would be only a few lines long for this type of item, mainly:

Code:
    if(Volume[0] >= 1000)
    {
        BarColor= Color.Green;
    }
    This would check if the CurrentBars volume is greater than or equal to 1000 or a pre defined amount.

I have attached the code above as an indicator for you to experiment with.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

I am unsure of a specific pre made item that would highlight a bar for X volume, but this would be a very simple item to create if you wanted to.

Code:
      if(Volume[0] >= 1000)
      {
          BarColor= Color.Green;
      }
      This would check if the CurrentBars volume is greater than or equal to 1000 or a pre defined amount.

thats so great , thanx

but may you change the highlighting color from green into magenta ? magenta is eye-catch.
      also, may you highlight same candle corresponding volume bar in the volume histogram ?

that will be great

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can modify the script as needed. To change the color, simply change the name of the color used by using these steps:

From the control center, click Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
        Select the "SampleColorBar" and open it.

You will see the syntax, look for the "Color.Green;" and change this to the color you would like.

For magenta, you could do Color.Magenta;

Just ensure there is a semi colon after the color: Color.Magenta;

Once you make the change, press F5 on the keyboard to compile or right click in the editor and select Compile.

Finally, remove reload the chart where the indicator is placed to see the change.

Regarding the histogram, This would be possible as well but you would need to modify the indicator showing the histogram to include similar syntax. A Indicator will use a plot though so likely the syntax would be different. If you would like to try the modification I could provide further instructions on how you may do that.

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can modify the script as needed. To change the color, simply change the name of the color used by using these steps:

From the control center, click Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
          Select the "SampleColorBar" and open it.

You will see the syntax, look for the "Color.Green;" and change this to the color you would like.

For magenta, you could do Color.Magenta;

Just ensure there is a semi colon after the color: Color.Magenta;

Once you make the change, press F5 on the keyboard to compile or right click in the editor and select Compile.

Finally, remove reload the chart where the indicator is placed to see the change.

Regarding the histogram, This would be possible as well but you would need to modify the indicator showing the histogram to include similar syntax. A Indicator will use a plot though so likely the syntax would be different. If you would like to try the modification I could provide further instructions on how you may do that.

thanx bro , it is great.

I don't wanna be so curious - but : if u got free , may you help me to highlight same candle on its corresponding volume bar ?

cheerz

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I would be unable to create custom items for you but can provide instructions on where to locate information and how to create this yourself as we are currently in the NinjaScript development forum.

If you instead would like items created for you, I could suggest having our business development department contact you to provide links for third party developers. If this would interest you please let me know and I can alert them.

Comment

Hello,

Code:
              if(Volume[0] >= 1000)
              {
              BarColor= Color.Green;
              }

Hello, Greerings, Can you convert the zip file Ninjatrader 7 to Ninjatrader 8 please? (The zip file is on Post #2)

Comment

Hello marksingh87,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Moving forward, for inquiries about NinjaTrader 8 indicator development, please create a new thread in the NinjaTrader Desktop > Indicator Development.

SampleColorBar_NT8.zip
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses