Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Controlling Behavior of Indicator Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Behavior of Indicator Scale

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked, but I probably don't have the terminology right for the search. I want to control the scale of my indicator labels:

What I'd really like is the Y-Axis to show the full range 0-100 with numeric labels at 70, 50 and 30 where I have Lines defined, in addition to the 41 above which is the indicator value and working as intended.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Grasul,

Thanks for your post.

In the area of the scale of the indicator (where "41" shows), right mouse click and select properties. In the chart panel properties window (likely panel 2) you can set a fixed scale. To actually see 0 and 100 levels I would suggest setting the minimum to -0.5 and the maximum to 105. For additional "grid" lines, set the interval type to "points" and set the interval value to 10 (you may need to try different values here).
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Grasul View Post
      Hi, I'm sure this has been asked, but I probably don't have the terminology right for the search. I want to control the scale of my indicator labels:

What I'd really like is the Y-Axis to show the full range 0-100 with numeric labels at 70, 50 and 30 where I have Lines defined, in addition to the 41 above which is the indicator value and working as intended.

Thanks in advance for any help.
      I had a similar problem. I am not sure my idea is the best solution, but I got it to work. I created two dummy plots, one for the lower end of the range, and one for the higher end of the range and set the Plots[#].Pen.Color = Color.Transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by jeliner View Post
        I had a similar problem. I am not sure my idea is the best solution, but I got it to work. I created two dummy plots, one for the lower end of the range, and one for the higher end of the range and set the Plots[#].Pen.Color = Color.Transparent.
        That a good idea.

I ended up doing this:

Code:
        //Fix the scale, 0-100.
        DrawText("adjustTop"+CurrentBar,true,".",00,100,0, rangeColor,textFont,StringAlignment.Near,tr,tr,0);
        DrawText("adjustBot"+CurrentBar,true,".",00,0,  0, rangeColor,textFont,StringAlignment.Near,tr,tr,0);

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes