Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

rsi alteration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rsi alteration

Hello Forum,

Really new to trading, im trying to train my eye to the rsi indicator, so i use two horizontal lines at the 40 and 60 measurements to help put reference to the response in price action. I will attach a pic to show what im trying to explain. Anyways, i would really appreciate if someone can show/tell me how to make this a permanent fixture in my rsi, along with my default overbought/oversold lines. I have a lot of charts i look at, and its just one less thing i would have to convert every time i change time intervals or instruments in my charts.

if this isn't the appropiate section to ask, then could somone tell me where or whom to ask to get this setting to a default on my platform.
    Attached Files

Hello Julienxr,

Thank you for writing in.

Unfortunately, drawing tools would not be able to be saved to a chart template.

What I would suggest doing is making a duplicate RSI indicator and modifying this duplicate to add your additional 40 and 60 lines.

To do this, follow these steps below:
    1. Click New -> NinjaScript Editor within the Control Center
    2. Double-click the Indicators folder in the NinjaScript Explorer panel within the ride side of the NinjaScript Editor window
    3. Double-click RSI
    4. Once the code appears for the RSI, you'll want to right-click within this code and click Save As
    5. Name this ducpliate copy of the RSI indicator to whatever you like
    6. Within OnStateChange(), you'll see if (State == State.SetDefaults)
    7. Within if (State == State.SetDefaults), you'll see two calls to AddLine(). You'll want to add additional calls to AddLine() for the lines you wish to add into the indicator

More information about AddLine() can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/?addline.htm

Even without programming experience, you can easily add a line. A simple breakdown of the syntax would be like this:
    Code:
    AddLine(Brushes.[Color], [value to draw the line at], "[name of line]");
    For example, if you wish this line to be the color blue, at a value of 40, and the name Line1, you'd type the syntax as:
    Code:
    AddLine(Brushes.Blue, 40, "Line1");
    Do note that the first letter of the color (Blue) must be capitalized and the name of the line (Line1) is wrapped in quotation marks.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo
    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses