Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

heiken ashi smoothed old version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heiken ashi smoothed old version

hi
    currently using heikan ashi smoothed in NT7
    i tried using it on ninjatrder 8 but it says it is for a older version (NT7) how to i upgrade it to be compatible to ninjatrader 8
    Attached Files

Hello maaz1598, and thank you for your question.

The two most useful tools for converting NT7 indicators to NT8 indicators, are the code breaking changes page, http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm , and the code creation wizards built into NT8. A good process to follow for converting NinjaScript files is as follows :

• From the NinjaTrader Control Center -> New -> NinjaScript Editor
    • Right click the type of object you are importing in the NinjaScript Explorer and choose the option that creates a new version of it. For example, to import an Indicator, right click Indicator and select New Indicator
    • Code as much of your indicator as possible through the wizard. Don't worry about it if a field doesn't make a lot of sense, you will have an opportunity to code later and can leave any field set to its default value. Refer to the NT8 Help Guide frequently, http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm
    • Create any parameters and properties that did not get created through the wizard, that exist in your old NT7 code. Use wizard created parameters and properties as a template.
    • Create any private variables that existed in your old NT7 NinjaScript file
    • Copy any code from your Initialize routine in NT7 into the appropriate places in OnStateChange. As a general rule, State == State.SetDefaults covers properties you can set from right-click windows, and State == State.Configure covers any initialization and instantiation. Refer to the Help Guide if you are unsure where something should go.
    • Compile your code with F5. Fix your code and compile again until it compiles without errors.
    • Test your code's interface out. For example, all right-click menu options should appear the way you'd like. Fix your code, compile, and test again until it works correctly
    • Copy your OnBarUpdate method in to your indicator as is, along with any helper methods it relies on. Compile, refer to the code breaking changes page, ask questions here in the forums, and repeat until this section compiles
    • Finally, refer to the Help Guide to see if your other event methods have changed name, and copy this code in. Repeat the procedure you used to get OnBarUpdate compiling
    • Once your code compiles correctly, come up with a test scenario for your old script in NT7, and run your old script through this scenario using the Strategy Analyzer. A test scenario involves a set of known historical data and an instrument
    • Once you have test results, repeat your test in NT8.
    • As a control, run a known good NinjaScript through both your NT7 or NT8 tests to make sure your tests are valid. Good examples of known good NinjaScript are the SMA indicator and the SampleMACrossover strategy. Fix your test until these known good NinjaScript files work the same way in NT7 and NT8, then run your tests again on your NinjaScript

When questions come up, this forum, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=57 , is the best resource available for any specific questions you may come across.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any Luck with the conversion?

Comment

Hello GuppyDRV,
        Thanks for your reply.
        You will need to complete the conversion using the resources provided.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon,

I was asking Maaz1598 if he had any luck with the conversion of the Heikan Ashi Smoothed from NT7 - NT8?

Can you guys at NT do this conversion? It looks like some others have been updated by the NT staff.

thanks for the help.

GuppyDRV

Comment

Hello GuppyDRV, and thank you for your question.

While some members of our NinjaScript team have taken on the task of helping to port several indicators and strategies to NinjaTrader 8, including some NinjaScript found here on the forums, when we do so we release these ported indicators along with the NinjaTrader platform. These become "built-in" indicators.

I am going to ask one of my colleagues more knowledgeable about partner vendors and services if they can review this thread and provide any information about professional development services available.

Comment

Hello GuppyDRV,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in NinjaTrader!

I have provided a link below that will show you the NinjaTrader Ecosystem partners that provide NinjaScript Consulting services, you will need to contact each partner and inquire further regarding the quotes for prices for your custom NinjaScript ideas and work with the consultant directly on these items:

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sorry GuppyDRV for the very very long delay (left ninjatrader for a few months)
                no couldn't convert the indicator (way to complicated)
                how about you, any luck ?

Comment

While I am not quite sure about the functionality of the Heiken Ashi Smoothed indicator you are mentioning, one thing I did want to draw your attention to is the new Heiken-Ashi native bar type in NT8. I have prepared a short video demonstrating my using this bar type.

Comment

Jessica,

Thanks for the video. Can you tell me if the HA inputs are adjustable as in the smoothing type used. Additionally, can I choose an indicator as the input series?

GuppyDRV

Comment

The Heiken-Ashi bar type must use another bar type as its base, it can not use an indicator as its base. Any configuration available to the base bar type is available to Heiken-Ashi. Additionally, it has these configuration options.

Originally posted by http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/bar_types.htm?zoom_highlightsub=heiken
                      Heiken Ashi Bars

Heiken Ashi in Japanese translates to "Average Bar" in English. These bars are intended as a way to isolate ongoing trends. Heiken Ashi bars may appear to plot the Open, High, Low, and Close of price within a specified time period, similar to Candlestick bars. However, these bars use unique formulas to calculate OHLC values based on mathematical averages. Like Candlesticks, Heiken Ashi bars are based on the passage of time, and can be set to any Second, Minute, Day, Week, Month, or Year interval.

Note: Calculated value will be rounded to the instrument's nearest tick size. This is done to ensure accuracy in order submission and execution during backtesting.
                      To answer your question directly, then, Ninja handles e.g. smoothing internally.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post WHICKED
                      by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      15 responses