Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

To install or not to install the Rainbow add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To install or not to install the Rainbow add-on

Dear friends,

I was thinking about downloading and installing the Rainbow add-on to enhance the NT 7 platform, but after I read some reviews from you, now I don't know what to do. Some members of this forum reported issues caused by this add-on, some others told it had caused issues related to lagging candles, etc. Can you give me a hand? Is it true that Rainbow enhances NT7 very much?

Thanks.

Hello raider trader,

Thank you for your support forum post and for your interest in NinjaTrader!

While I have not personally experienced any issues while using this custom 3rd party add on for NinjaTrader, I also do not have extensive use or experience with the add-on.

The add-on is from an official NinjaTrader Ecosystem partner and you can download the add-on for free at the following link and test it out:

You may also contact the developer of Rainbow on the bottom of the website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
      Hello raider trader,

Thank you for your support forum post and for your interest in NinjaTrader!

While I have not personally experienced any issues while using this custom 3rd party add on for NinjaTrader, I also do not have extensive use or experience with the add-on.

The add-on is from an official NinjaTrader Ecosystem partner and you can download the add-on for free at the following link and test it out:

You may also contact the developer of Rainbow on the bottom of the website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
      Thank you very kind, but I can't install it. A warning reading "You have custom NinjaScrpit files on your PC that have programming errors...

Comment

Hello raider trader,

Thank you for the follow up.

You can have the NinjaTrader support team assist you with the compile message you are receiving.

Please send a note to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "NinjaScript Compile error." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread for reference.

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello raider trader,

My name is Jess and I am part of our NinjaScript support team. I look forward to being able to assist you. In addition to the forums link Ryan mentioned, please also include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and this unique ID in the subject line of your reply : 1567320 .

If you would prefer to attempt to resolve things on your own without a phone call and remote support session, we can get you started with these instructions.

This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
          • Open NinjaTrader
          • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
          • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
          • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
          • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
          • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
          To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          Click here for instructions
          Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Click here for detailed instruction
          We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes