Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot T&S in chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot T&S in chart

Hi, how can I plot T&S feed to be overlaid on the chart?

I am able to pull the T&S data and display the most current T&S data in the top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left, or center location. However it is only showing me the most current data, I want to be able to collect and display all of the incoming data in a column on the chart.

For example, have the last 50 T&S plots coming down from the top left side of the chart in a column.
    Last edited by brucelevy; 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM.

Hi brucelevy,

This would require a custom coded indicator to achieve.

Attached is an example indicator that demonstrates how to find the information displayed in the Time & Sales windows to the output window running from a chart.

With NinjaTrader 7, you can add this text to a text box using supported methods, however, this would not be scroll-able.

Using unsupported methods, you could create a custom panel on the chart to display this information by modifying the chart controls.

Attached is another example that demonstrates how to use unsupported and undocumented methods to add a custom panel to a chart.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see the new window added to the side of the chart, but under where can I enter data to plot? I can't seem to get any text to show up in the new window.

Comment

Hello brucelevy,

You would need to use winform code to add controls to the panel.

_windowPanel.Controls.Add(myObject);

Keep in mind that doing this is not supported by NinjaTrader Support to do. This example I provided you is an unsupported example that is meant to steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Thanks, I am just having trouble getting the T&S data to load from top to bottom. It is doing it in the output window but only showing one refreshing line of text in the new window panel.

Comment

Hello brucelevy,

You would need to be aggregating the data to a larger string.

string resultString += string.Format( "{0:HH:mm:ss} | last: {1:0.00}, ask: {2:0.00}, bid: {3:0.00} | volume: {4} | color: green", e.Time, e.Price, askPrice, bidPrice, e.Volume );

Then setting that resultString to a textbox or some other type of control and that control would be placed within the panel.

As this is not supported by NinjaTrader Support to do, I would not be able to assist with this.
            This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM