Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem import Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem import Ninjascript

Hello, I have the next problem.
    Attached Files

Hello jaialro,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

- Open NinjaTrader
    - From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    - Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    - A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    - At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    - From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason, I send you the problem?

thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the screenshot does not show the entire error message. Can you please make the Line and Column columns smaller first. Subsequently widen the Error column until all information is visible. Create a new screenshot and send it over.

Comment

Is possible reinstall Ninjatrader?

Comment

This will likely not solve the issue. Can you please send me a screenshot that shows the entire compiling error or tell me what the compiling error states.

Comment

This is the issues, how can i repare, Can I send you the file?

thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

I send you pdf with all issues.
                Attached Files

Comment

The errors indicate you are missing a reference DLL or you have a corrupted one listed (SmartBook.dll) - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

- In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
                  - In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

- Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
                  - In the context menu click on ‘References’
                  - In the Reference dialog, if a reference to SmartBook.dll exists already then select it and click on the ‘Remove’ button.

After removing (or if missing), add back the reference with the right path :

- In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
                  - Select the SmartBook.dll and then click ‘Ok’. (likely located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder)
                  - Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
                  - The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 09-21-2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                  0 responses