Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Opening Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Gap

I´m looking for an indicator (Ninjatrader 8) that plots a horizontal line at yesterday´s close and keeps plotting it until the line is hit, essentially an opening gap indicator.
    I´ve searched the internet but couldn´t find anything. Does such an indicator exist? If not, how hard could it be to create and how would I go about it (I have no programming skills whatsoever)?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your post.

You may want to look in the Ninjatrader forums as there are several opening range indicators, here is a link to the file sharing area: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=4

If those don't provide what you need you can use the indicator PriorDayOHLC and just plot the close line. While the line would not disappear you could manually turn it off when price hits it.

If you have no programming skills it may be difficult for you to modify the Ninjascript code which is based on C# programming language. We could certainly get you started with educational links if this is the direction you choose to go.

If none of the above work for you, we can also provide references to 3rd party coders who would be able to create the indicator needed to your specifications.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your post.

You may want to look in the Ninjatrader forums as there are several opening range indicators, here is a link to the file sharing area: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=4

If those don't provide what you need you can use the indicator PriorDayOHLC and just plot the close line. While the line would not disappear you could manually turn it off when price hits it.

If you have no programming skills it may be difficult for you to modify the Ninjascript code which is based on C# programming language. We could certainly get you started with educational links if this is the direction you choose to go.

If none of the above work for you, we can also provide references to 3rd party coders who would be able to create the indicator needed to your specifications.
      Thanks Paul

I seem unable to find the PriorDayOHLC indicator you are refering to. All I see is the Current Day OHL indicator,

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take a look again in your indicators list. PriorDayOHLC is a standard Ninjatrader indicator and should be there.

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take a look again in your indicators list. PriorDayOHLC is a standard Ninjatrader indicator and should be there.
          Hi Paul

I am unable to find the indicator. It should be between "Price oscillator" and "R squared" (see attachment), but it is not.
          Are you sure you are not refering to NT7?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply and for checking.

The NinjaTrader indicator PriorDayOHLC is a standard indicator in both NinjaTrader7 and NinjaTrader8. It is clearly missing in yours.

I recommend that you download NinjaTrader 8 again. You will not need to delete NinjaTrader as it will install on top of it and fill in the missing indicator. None of your charts or workspaces will be affected.

Please make sure that you have Ninjatrader shut down before installing.

Here is a link to the download site, please make sure to copy your license key from your existing NinjaTrader (Help>License key) and paste in at the site: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply and for checking.

The NinjaTrader indicator PriorDayOHLC is a standard indicator in both NinjaTrader7 and NinjaTrader8. It is clearly missing in yours.

I recommend that you download NinjaTrader 8 again. You will not need to delete NinjaTrader as it will install on top of it and fill in the missing indicator. None of your charts or workspaces will be affected.

Please make sure that you have Ninjatrader shut down before installing.

Here is a link to the download site, please make sure to copy your license key from your existing NinjaTrader (Help>License key) and paste in at the site: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
              Thanks Paul. Now I have the indicator, but it plots weird lines. E.g. it plots yesterday´s low well below the low of the day...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply and glad you now have the indicator.

The PriorDayOHLC indicator will plot the previous sessions Open, High, Low and Close onto the next days session. In a given session the lines that appear should be viewed as Yesterdays Open, High Low and Close values.

With reference to your screenshot, there are three different red lines visible, one in each session. The Red line is the prior days low. Starting on the right side of the chart, notice that the red line, if extended back to the prior session, would match the low of the prior session. So the indicator will project the prior sessions low value onto the current session. This is what PriorDayOHLC does for the Open, High, Low and Close.

Also, just to bring to you attention, all NinjaTrader8 questions should be placed in the NinjaTrader8 beta forum.

Comment

Hello AlexanderSavin,

Thanks for your reply and glad you now have the indicator.

The PriorDayOHLC indicator will plot the previous sessions Open, High, Low and Close onto the next days session. In a given session the lines that appear should be viewed as Yesterdays Open, High Low and Close values.

With reference to your screenshot, there are three different red lines visible, one in each session. The Red line is the prior days low. Starting on the right side of the chart, notice that the red line, if extended back to the prior session, would match the low of the prior session. So the indicator will project the prior sessions low value onto the current session. This is what PriorDayOHLC does for the Open, High, Low and Close.

Also, just to bring to you attention, all NinjaTrader8 questions should be placed in the NinjaTrader8 beta forum.
                  Silly me, got it, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leafcutter  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes