Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

arrow issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the arrows, you will need to implement what I have advised in post #2. The reason you see it working some times and not other has to do with the fact that your logic has multiple conditions and if the first condition is not true it will not check the 1st or 2nd condition (which are looking at bars 1 & 2 ago) when processing the first bar, 2nd bar, 3rd bar, once you get through those the indicator would perform. When you do not see the arrows as expected, check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.

Regarding the color inputs, please see example and information here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4977

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    I know
    I caught it finally after uploading the files and wrote you back.
    Also I forgot I had switched the updots to diamonds so if they were there I'd definitely see them.
    It works fine now but the arrows don't seem to show on all symbols. And the code is OK I think because otherwise ES and CL now would not show both up and down arrows.
    Also, I'd like to be able to set the dot and arrow colors on each chart the same as I do for distance rather than have the color hard coded in the file.
    Can you show me how.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply:

Originally posted by simpletrades View Post
    Forget the dots. I had it coded without the first bar being[0] but please try to figure out why the arrows aren't printing on all symbols all the time.
    Based on the code you have sent, please see my response in post #2, you will need to check for bars to be loaded before accessing them.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

In the case of Type1Long.cs you have the following code:
    Code:
    		if (
    			Close[1] > Open[1]//green
    		 && Close[0]>Open[1] // closed higher than prior open
    		&& Close[1]<Open[1]//red
    		//&& Close[1]< Open[1]//red	
    		  )
    		{
               DrawDiamond(" up" + CurrentBar, false, 0,Low[0]- (TickSize*dist), Color.Aqua); 
        	}
    Please observe that there is a logic conflict that results in the entire statement not being true, thus no diamonds would be drawn. The conflict is the first statement Close[1] > Open[1] and the third statement: Close[1]<Open[1], these would not be true at the same time thus the diamond would not be drawn.

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    Forget the dots. I had it coded without the first bar being[0] but please try to figure out why the arrows aren't printing on all symbols all the time.

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    I attached all 4. Its the type1 Long where no dots ever print.
    The 2's are the arrows.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your posts.

Do not paste your code in a reply but instead attach your code as a file, same as you did with the screenshots.

Alternatively, you may write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, mark the e-mail atten:Paul and a link to this thread. Attach your source code file(s) to your reply (again do not paste your code)

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    I wondered if Saturday and closed markets mattered but this morning the FDAX still has no uparrows, NQ and YM has both as do CL and ES but none still show any updots only downdots?
    I have 12 gig so it cant be a memory issue.

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    I am enclosing a screenshot of the same indicators on 6 futures.
    I only use ES and CL but it responds weird depending on symbol.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    I decided not to worry about multi-series charts because it was working as up and down arrows on individual ES and CL charts but this morning the down arrows show on both but up arrows are only on ES.
    I wrote an easier test for up and down dots requiring current and prior bar checks only and the down dots are on both CL and ES but the up dots are on neither and except for the bar test part the codes and alerts are identical in all 4.
    Is there a way to send the .cs files because pasting a couple of indicators in entirety will be lengthy.
    I'd also like to combine them so that condition 1 is down arrows and condition2 is up arrows and if condition 1 isn't true it checks condition 2 and if that is also not true no arrows print.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

There is not enough information provided to formulate an answer.

Please attach a screenshot of the issue and post the various indicator source code for review.

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    no that wasn't it.
    I use the sets of indicators on both symbols.
    could something be interfering?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your replies.

Regarding, "On charts with CL on top and ES below,, CL shows up and down versions but ES only shows down arrows.?" Is it possible that the chart scaling is not showing the arrows below price? Can you change the vertical scale to see if arrows are just off the chart view?

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    its set to on bar close=true because until the bar is done theres no way to predict where it closes in relation to the prior bar.

Leave a comment:

• simpletrades
    replied
    thanks i'll check that later but whats weird is on just an ES chart up and down versions show arrows.
    On charts with CL on top and ES below,, CL shows up and down versions but ES only shows down arrows.?

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby