Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I want a script that will control one of my indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a script that will control one of my indicator

I have a breakout indicator, which does autotrade but I need to turn it on everytime. After every trade it disables itself.

Anyway I can make any script which will click that button or enable it automatic and can put target on profit and loss amount on that script, Is it possible?

Need help on this one..

Hello sarderiftekhar,

If the script is an indicator instead of a strategy, the indicator may be hitting an error that causes this to stop functioning.

Indicators, however, cannot be disabled/enabled as these will run automatically when added to a chart.

A strategy on the other hand would need to be enabled / disabled. This would become disabled if this also encountered an error.

Are you seeing any error messages on the Log tab of the Control Center?
    If so, what do these say?

Yes, is it possible to set a profit target and stop loss from a NinjaScript Strategy using SetProfitTarget() and SetStopLoss().
    SetProfitTarget - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ofittarget.htm
    SetStopLoss - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...etstoploss.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI, Thanks for quick reply. Its not any error. Its an indicator that is designed to be turned of after every trade taken. I have manually turn on the auto trade option every time.

So I wanted to make something that will click the button everytime automatic. rather than i have to do it manually everytime.

Comment

As you can see in the attached picture (previous post) , I need to click on the Trade Long + Short button to turn it on (makes it green) other wise it wont autotrade.

I tried to contact the developers of the plugin but they don't response. Now i am trying to find an alternative.

Comment

Hello sarderiftekhar,

If the script is open source you might be able to re-code this to start as enabled, (or prevent this from disabling automatically).

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI, its not open source. Still do you think it can be done?

Comment

Originally posted by sarderiftekhar View Post
              I tried to contact the developers of the plugin but they don't response. Now i am trying to find an alternative.
              Who are the developers?

Is it these guys?

They seem to offer quite a few avenues for asking questions ...

Comment

They seems to be very busy. That was the reply I got last night.

"Hello Sarder,

Thank you for the email and continued support.

Unfortunately Ninjacators is not taking on any new custom programming at this time due to the work load with respect to the NT8 involvement of our complete Indicator suite."

The same answer I got 6 month ago. Clearly they are not interested.

The Indicator works very well, but its a pain to turn it on after every trade. So I wanted to automate it till a target reached.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin