Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how can I put 3 indicator with 1 click?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I put 3 indicator with 1 click?

Hi. I want to put 3 indicators on my charts. I usually chek with indicators my entries, but do not keep them on my chart (too much lines). So every time I want to check my entries I need to do the process of inserting an indicator 3 times. Is there any method for linking my indicators so I can put them all at the same clic?

Thanks!

Hello marcopicos, and thank you for your question. What you are describing, having your indicators be able to share information, can be accomplished with a global scope file. Preparing one will require some development work as a programmer, but I can give some targeted advice for NT7 and NT8.

For NinjaTrader 7, this is very easy. We provide the files (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\UserDefinedMethods.cs and (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy\UserDefinedMethods.cs . You can store global variables that will be included for all Indicators in this file. Make sure they are part of the Indicator class. For example,

partial class Indicator
    {
    /// <summary>all the plots from all the indicators</summary>
    public static Plot[][] allThePlots;
    }

NinjaTrader 8 will not have a similar file. I am including a publicly available link from the MSDN C# documentation which will guide you toward putting together a global scope file in NT8.

The C# namespace alias qualifier `::` is used to access a member of an aliased namespace. The `::` operator is often used with the `global` alias, an alias for the global namespace

Whichever way you choose, you will want to add some logic surrounding your global objects.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
    1 response
    0 likes