Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need rth on an eth chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need rth on an eth chart

Hello support,

I created a "session hours" indicator that reflects both the RTH hours & ETH hours by distinquishing both sessions with 2 different colors on the same chart. So, for example, for CL the chart's session template is defines as "Default 24x7". If the user inputs - via the indicator - gray then the ETH bars will be colored gray, while RTH bars' default to black as defined in the dataseries dialogue box. So, all CL bars that fall outside of the RTH timeslot of 9am - 1430pm will be gray colored, the rest of the RTH bars will be black.

The problem is when I apply this indicator to instruments that contain different RTH time brackets, such as the ES - 930am - 1615pm because now the user has to enter this different time bracket into the indicator's parameter list.

I want to be able to let the indicator handle that part so that I never have to change the indicator's time slot parameter for that instrument.

Is there a way within my indicator to access the instrument's RTH while keeping the chart's session template defined as "Default 24x7"?

I'm still on NT7, not NT8.

thanks for your support.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

For what you are doing, in NT7 this sounds like you are using the approach I would have suggested. There is not really any documented ways to utilize multiple session templates from a single script unfortunately.

Going forward in NT8 there is the possibility of specifying TradingHours in the AddDataSeries call or also building your own BarsRequests so that potentially could be possible.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
    15 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
    1 response
    0 likes