Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot Object in different Panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Object in different Panels?

Is it possible to draw Plot objects into different panels ?

Indicators use the .Panel and .PanelUI syntax, but I'm not seeing a way to draw Plot objects that have been Add() ed into different Panels.

For instance .. .

Add(new Plot( PlotStyle.Dot, "DOT_1"));
    Add(new Plot( PlotStyle.Dot, "DOT_2"));
    Add(new Plot( PlotStyle.Dot, "DOT_3"));
    Add(new Plot( PlotStyle.Dot, "DOT_4"));

Can I plot these into panels 1-4 ?

Possible? Please?

Unfortunately this is not supported. You will want to have different indicators for different panels. Alternatively you could try a hybrid mix technique with a strategy as demonstrated in the reference sample for plotting within a strategy.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Unfortunately this is not supported. You will want to have different indicators for different panels. Alternatively you could try a hybrid mix technique with a strategy as demonstrated in the reference sample for plotting within a strategy.
      ohh Bummer!! OK I'll work-around the issue with separate indicators.

Well.... while I'm here....

As you've seen over the last couple of weeks, I've been asking for how to use features, and getting the reply - "Not Supported"

When I get that response from you, what do you do with my question? Is it put up for review within a NinjaTrader review board to become part of the product? Is there a special section just for enhancement / new feature requests ?

I don't mind waiting and telling my clients that a NinjaTrader enhancement is going to be available in the next release (As I did for the multiple-instruments issue yesterday), but I need to know that my clients requests and issues are being taken care of, and that the software is going forward, and not sitting idle.

I'm really working hard to promote NinjaTrader externally, so the better understanding that I have the better.

Thanks

Comment

Hi tazatek,

When customers have suggestions we do take note of each and every one of them. They are all reviewed and prioritized as to what we can do for the next version of NT. NT is a constantly evolving software and we are adding lots of new features (many user requested ones) with every major release.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes