Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

B line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Josh on this one. Less data per chart.

I run Ninja on a Win2k ( yes, 2k ) machien wwith 512 megs of memory and a 1.5ghz processor. It isn't a power house by any stretch. It does 2 bline charts in Ninja and the brokers chart in VTTrader. Yes, it struggles mightly in high volume times but it's managable.

I also use a fixed point size candle ( renkos with tails basically but not quite ) of my own making. If I load 2 days data for the eur/usd pair I *might* get 150 - 200 blocks using a 10 pip block size. All those sideways bars don't make it to the chart.

What's using up the CPU is basically the color fill for the sotchs, MACD, Keltner channels and 6 WMAs.

You can replace the stochs and MACDs with the standard ones and not lose too much. The Keltners are basically there for warning, if the new high in an uptrend doesn't tag inside the keltners it's a good ide to tighten the stops or just get out. So I imagine you could do without those all together if needs be.

The rest of the stuff up top in the price panel is tied together and I'm not entirely sure off the cuff what you'd replace them with and keep the utility of Buffy's system.

The stairs and the SMA pipes are essential and the stairline is necessary for permissions of various setups.

If it was me in your situation I'd keep the top stuff except the keltners and drop the 4 stoch window ( top one ), keep the MACD window and replace the color stochs with normal ones in the bline window.

It poses some problems in terms of keeping the system honest with itself but it isn't deadly. The more experience you have with price action and indicators look with a given price action in the context of the trend ( or no trend ) the less of a problem it will be.

The system is designed to keep inexperienced traders out of trouble long enough to learn about the markets and price action before they wreck their accounts.

I've attached the chart template for the entire system with the proper settings for the stochs and MACDs. Just copy those settings to standard ones and the essence of things will be the same.

I've also attached a template for just the price panel indicators.

Should have attached the templates when I posted the package of scripts...kind of surprised Ninja doesn't have an export utility for that.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Didn't catch the error on trying to attach xml files. Also, if people want more information about BLine that is available at dacharts web site. Buffy is usually in the chat room noted there and is usually up for Q/A after hours.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Newshues; 02-11-2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: attach templates

Comment

Jaap,

On reviewing the settings this morning I did find one other place to save some CPU resources.

Set the BLine itself to calculate on bar close. In the template I provided it is set to process by tick which isn't necessary.

So, Calculate On Bar Close set to true should help you out.

Comment

Hi News,

This is Shar from echat bline room. I was wondering if one has to get the indicator for renko candles before applying your bline template. I think in reviewing indicators, I saw one for renko candles.

Or is that all included in your template?

Thanks,
        Sharon (from WA, not AZ :-)

Comment

Hi Newshues,
          Thanks for your effort to promote Buffy's strategy setup.
          However if I try to import the Ninja script from your files, I get the message: The NinjaScript Archive File does not contain any Ninja Script files.

Jaap

Comment

I had the same problem, but you can go here and follow the instructions. It worked for me.
            http://www.dacharts.org/archives/Newshues
            Originally posted by Jaap8242 View Post
            Hi Newshues,
            Thanks for your effort to promote Buffy's strategy setup.
            However if I try to import the Ninja script from your files, I get the message: The NinjaScript Archive File does not contain any Ninja Script files.

Jaap

Comment

Originally posted by Newshues View Post
              Buffy's entire template is available for Ninja. the indicators are attached, the chart template is sitting in dacharts where Buffy hangs out.
              Hi there News,

many thanks for sharing :-)

Question: How do you get more than one filled stochastics into one window as per your first indicator display where you have four stochs all at the same time ?

Thanks in advance and good trading
              Last edited by CCK28; 01-30-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

newshoes bline

where is this script located?

Comment

Buffy indicators and template for NJ 7

It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by nkhoi; 10-27-2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
                    It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
                    I'm sorry, I don't understand the download directions. I did what I thought and it didn't work. Am I supposed to still Import through NT? but won't the template then go into Indicators? When do I change the name?

When I changed the name after a Save As it was Php file and then I put it in Template folder and of course that didn't work.

Could you please outline the specific steps for slow people like me? TIA

Comment

Hello,

Anytime you save a file from the internet and it save as .php this would be incorrect and the file did not actually download.

Either you need to only click the link or use a different browser than internet explorer.

Please try either of these steps, the files in this post would be saved as a .zip extension if saved correctly, you should not need to edit file extensions after downloading files from the forum.

I believe you have the instructions correct, any items such as indicators, bar types, strategies that are contained in a zip file would be imported using File -> Utilities -> import NinjaScript.

Templates would need to be manually copied into the correct folder for what type of template, so if this is a chart template it would need to go in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Chart

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 11-11-2014, 08:02 AM.
                      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Buffy template

how to load NJ7buffy template and indicators.

1) download both files indicators and template
                        2) rename the template buffy-NJ7-template.xml.zip to buffy-NJ7-template.xml
                        3) use ninja to import all indicators from BuffyIndicatorsNJ7.zip
                        4) copy template buffy-NJ7-template.xml into /chart folder

5) open a chart and load buffy-NJ7-template, instruction below

6) To load a Chart Template, right-click on a price chart and select "Templates" > "Load." The Load Chart Template window will appear. Select the desired template to load from the list of templates and click "OK."

7) if template loaded successfully you will see this list of indicators on Buffy chart.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by nkhoi; 11-10-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to update you,

Here is some documentation on how to add templates directly to the initial zip file to prevent the renaming steps.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still having a bit of trouble

Here is the current and updated settings for the B-Line

Comment

Still having a bit of trouble

with the Importing " correctly " of both the Indicators and the Template

I have attached screenshots of what the ( New ) Indicators list is showing me , as well as
                              what the Templates / Folders look like that I myself have saved on my computer

Problem #1
                              I changed the name of the template and saved it under my NT7 folder , but when I go to a chart to upload that template, it is not there

Problem #2
                              The Indicators that it is showing me from the drop down menu via the B-line, is still only showing the " older " indicators , where as the new one has the Stochastics Filled

Sorry for my ignorance in correctly uploading and importing both the Indicators and template correctly

Thanks as always for the help, it's very appreciated

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mdsvtr View Post
                                with the Importing " correctly " of both the Indicators and the Template

I have attached screenshots of what the ( New ) Indicators list is showing me , as well as
                                what the Templates / Folders look like that I myself have saved on my computer

Problem #1
                                I changed the name of the template and saved it under my NT7 folder , but when I go to a chart to upload that template, it is not there

Problem #2
                                The Indicators that it is showing me from the drop down menu via the B-line, is still only showing the " older " indicators , where as the new one has the Stochastics Filled

Sorry for my ignorance in correctly uploading and importing both the Indicators and template correctly

Thanks as always for the help, it's very appreciated

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...0&d=1415677681
                                Problem #1. I bet when you rename the template, the right side says it's still a zip file. At least it was that way for me.

NT Jesse. That documentation looks like Greek to me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post adeelshahzad