Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

B line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonSS
    replied
    Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
    It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the download directions. I did what I thought and it didn't work. Am I supposed to still Import through NT? but won't the template then go into Indicators? When do I change the name?

When I changed the name after a Save As it was Php file and then I put it in Template folder and of course that didn't work.

Could you please outline the specific steps for slow people like me? TIA

Leave a comment:

• nkhoi
    replied
    Buffy indicators and template for NJ 7

It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nkhoi; 10-27-2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: more info

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    newshoes bline

where is this script located?

Leave a comment:

• CCK28
    replied
    Originally posted by Newshues View Post
    Buffy's entire template is available for Ninja. the indicators are attached, the chart template is sitting in dacharts where Buffy hangs out.
    Hi there News,

many thanks for sharing :-)

Question: How do you get more than one filled stochastics into one window as per your first indicator display where you have four stochs all at the same time ?

Thanks in advance and good trading
    Last edited by CCK28; 01-30-2010, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marshmellowhead
    replied
    I had the same problem, but you can go here and follow the instructions. It worked for me.
    http://www.dacharts.org/archives/Newshues
    Originally posted by Jaap8242 View Post
    Hi Newshues,
    Thanks for your effort to promote Buffy's strategy setup.
    However if I try to import the Ninja script from your files, I get the message: The NinjaScript Archive File does not contain any Ninja Script files.

Jaap

Leave a comment:

• Jaap8242
    replied
    Hi Newshues,
    Thanks for your effort to promote Buffy's strategy setup.
    However if I try to import the Ninja script from your files, I get the message: The NinjaScript Archive File does not contain any Ninja Script files.

Jaap

Leave a comment:

• SharonSS
    replied
    Hi News,

This is Shar from echat bline room. I was wondering if one has to get the indicator for renko candles before applying your bline template. I think in reviewing indicators, I saw one for renko candles.

Or is that all included in your template?

Thanks,
    Sharon (from WA, not AZ :-)

Leave a comment:

• Newshues
    replied
    Jaap,

On reviewing the settings this morning I did find one other place to save some CPU resources.

Set the BLine itself to calculate on bar close. In the template I provided it is set to process by tick which isn't necessary.

So, Calculate On Bar Close set to true should help you out.

Leave a comment:

• Newshues
    replied
    I'm with Josh on this one. Less data per chart.

I run Ninja on a Win2k ( yes, 2k ) machien wwith 512 megs of memory and a 1.5ghz processor. It isn't a power house by any stretch. It does 2 bline charts in Ninja and the brokers chart in VTTrader. Yes, it struggles mightly in high volume times but it's managable.

I also use a fixed point size candle ( renkos with tails basically but not quite ) of my own making. If I load 2 days data for the eur/usd pair I *might* get 150 - 200 blocks using a 10 pip block size. All those sideways bars don't make it to the chart.

What's using up the CPU is basically the color fill for the sotchs, MACD, Keltner channels and 6 WMAs.

You can replace the stochs and MACDs with the standard ones and not lose too much. The Keltners are basically there for warning, if the new high in an uptrend doesn't tag inside the keltners it's a good ide to tighten the stops or just get out. So I imagine you could do without those all together if needs be.

The rest of the stuff up top in the price panel is tied together and I'm not entirely sure off the cuff what you'd replace them with and keep the utility of Buffy's system.

The stairs and the SMA pipes are essential and the stairline is necessary for permissions of various setups.

If it was me in your situation I'd keep the top stuff except the keltners and drop the 4 stoch window ( top one ), keep the MACD window and replace the color stochs with normal ones in the bline window.

It poses some problems in terms of keeping the system honest with itself but it isn't deadly. The more experience you have with price action and indicators look with a given price action in the context of the trend ( or no trend ) the less of a problem it will be.

The system is designed to keep inexperienced traders out of trouble long enough to learn about the markets and price action before they wreck their accounts.

I've attached the chart template for the entire system with the proper settings for the stochs and MACDs. Just copy those settings to standard ones and the essence of things will be the same.

I've also attached a template for just the price panel indicators.

Should have attached the templates when I posted the package of scripts...kind of surprised Ninja doesn't have an export utility for that.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Didn't catch the error on trying to attach xml files. Also, if people want more information about BLine that is available at dacharts web site. Buffy is usually in the chat room noted there and is usually up for Q/A after hours.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Newshues; 02-11-2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: attach templates

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Jaap,

Please try loading less data per chart. Also, please see these other performance tips: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html

Leave a comment:

• Jaap8242
    replied
    Hi Newshues, your indicators look very nice. Great thanks to you and Ben.
    There is only one drawback. The setup absorbs a great deal of computer power.
    My normal setup with Ninja is 2 charts( CCI). That works great, but this morning I tried to install a third chart with Bline indicators. Ninja crashed and the third chart was not possible.

Jaap

Leave a comment:

• Newshues
    replied
    entire template

Buffy's entire template is available for Ninja. the indicators are attached, the chart template is sitting in dacharts where Buffy hangs out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jake28787
    replied
    bline multi

hi ben..the multi works great thanks again

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ben
    replied
    Hello,

I changed the attachment in my most recent post below. It is the BLine_MultiColor I intended to attach. It has more color changes and different colors than you requested but I suspect it will be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• jake28787
    replied
    bline

thanks Ben...the attached BLine indicator appears to be the same as the the original you had done..does the earlier one have to be removed before importing this one..
    I am looking for a color change when over 80 and a different color when under 20 .the midline will be one color....
    over 80... cyan
    under20...red
    21-79 ...yellow

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post trilliantrader  
Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM