Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

modify PriorDayOHLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modify PriorDayOHLC

Can the following file be update to reflect the PriorDayOHLC for the most recent session only (i.e the prior day only).

If so, can you make the modifications!

Awash,

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

imported post

It could but unfortunately I am quite pressed on other issues. If I find some time, I will make an update but I can't promise anything.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

No rush!

I was just curious if you could do it for me at your convenience. Upon completion can you post it as an attachment. Thanks in advance!

Another indicator modification.

The Pivot Points.

On 6-6-06 the OHLC for YM was High: 11120, Low: 10931, Close: 11013. http://quote.barchart.com/quote.asp?...&code=BSTK

And when I calculated the Pivots based off this data I came up with

R2= 11210

R1 = 11112

PP = 11021

S1 = 10923

S2 = 10832

However, when I use NinjaTraders Pivot indicator. The values are different showing R2 = 11191, R1 = 11105, PP= 11018, S1 = 10935....... This data is off by a few ticks and I was wondering how does the pivot indicator consider the OHLC for the previous session when caculating pivots.

Is there a way to modify that indicator so it an accurately reflect the H,L,C for YM between the tradinghours of 6:15pm and 4:00pm per CBOT website: http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/cont_de...+14425,00.html.

Please reply at your convenience! Thanks in advance.

Comment

imported post

OHLC from prior session is not the actual exchange OHLC but the data in the chart filtered by your session start/end time.

So if your session end time is 3:15 CT, NT will take the close of the last bar as the prior day's close.

Comment

I still need help

Please reveiw my prior post. I need a modified Prior Day OHLC that takes into consideration the trading hours of the CME. Can anyone help?

Comment

Look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section, someone posted some custom pivot indicators that may help you?

Comment

Exact link

Ray,

Can you post an exact link to what I need? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

You can just use the Search button on the top nav bar and type in Pivots to get what you want
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe you can help again!!!

Thanks for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're comments were incredibly helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have the additional time to use the search features that's precisely why I asked you to do it for me. Your forum is littered with me different topics related to pivots and I've spent over twenty minutes looking for what I need but haven't successfully found it.

I would like a direct link to what I need without wading thru all the threads to see which one will actually work for me.

Considering you have time on your hands, extra knowledge of how to use your website and that you're in the business of providing exceptional customer service, can you provide a direct link to the thread that relates to what I'm requesting? Again, see prior posts.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Please reply!

Comment

Click on Search > Under "Search NinjaScript Files" enter the term "Pivots", I believe you will see three matches for indicators you can download.

Comment

Doesn't work.........

I used the sessionpivots.zip file and it wasn't what I'm looking for. The indicator worked but it doesn't compute correctly (see prior post for what I'm looking for).

I tried installing the floorPivots.zip but I don't see them as indicators after I successfully import them thru ninja trader. I'm suppose to import files like this by

Please go to File-->Utilities-->Import NinjaScript and select the .zip file.

Right? If so, please explain why I'm not able to add floor pivots after I've successfully imported them?

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Please contact the author of the zip file for the the correct file name of the indicator file contained in his NinjaScript zip archive.

Comment

Just by chance

Just by chance saw this, the session pivots indicator should do the job. I am using it the indicator the way you asked for, and for me it works. You would have to set S_End_CME_Index and S_Start_CME_Index to 15:30 (Central Time for CBOT). However, if you use time frames > 30 min, the Pivots will not always be correct in CalcFromIntraday Mode (needed information not contained in the bar), you should then switch to DailyBars mode.

Tell me whether it works! What data supplier do you use?

Comment

It works....but one change if possible

Thanks all!!!

Made the changes and it works.

The SessionsPivots indicator has a lot of pivots. All the pivots that I was not interested in seeing I changed the color to transparent.

Although the pivots are not visible on the chart because they're transparent, the price labels in the right margin are visible causing the area to be cluttered.

Is it possible that I can make some modifications to coding, where the transparent color pivots don't display in the price marker? Or have them display as transparent price markers? (Having them show as transparent will probably be the easiest).

Additionally, is it possible to rename Daily S1 to just S1, basically eliminate the word daily entirely from all pivots? And, the word PriorDay Low changed to the abbreviation PDL and PDH for PriorDay High, etc? (all this will help eliminate additional info from the chart that may distract me from trading).

Or, would you be able to specifically tailor the indicator per my needs to reflect only R2, R1, PP, S1, S2, PDO, PDH, PDL, PDC (PD= Prior Day & OHLC), not to include the spelling of the words, only the abbreviations? If you need anything, let me know.

If this is something you think I can fix easily than let me know. It sounds like I maybe pushing things considering prior post but I genuinely needed your assistance.

Again, thanks to everyone.

Comment

You can use PaintPriceMarkers = false, but that would turn all right margin markers off for that indicator. If you do not wish to see the extraneous ones I recommend you edit the indicator to simply not include those levels. The other changes you want are also doable via editing of the indicator yourself. Find the area of code reflecting the displays and just change the string they display.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post r68cervera  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes