Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Money Flow Back Recolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money Flow Back Recolor

I'm trying to get Moneyflow to color the background Green if its above 50 and Red if Below 50.

I had an RSI do that and I copied the recolor code in my Moneyflow but greened it out just so you could see it.
    I don't know how to tell it what to look for as over or under 50.
    Attached Files

Hello simpletrades, and thank you for your question. Please note that while we are happy to answer any question about Ninja that we may, any time a user is specifying behavior and asking us to find code that matches the behavior requested, we have stepped outside the scope of the support we may provide directly. This said I will be happy to answer your question about what to look for in this code to gain more control over it. I am assuming this is the code we are talking about.

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New]
    if (RSI(myInput0,3)[0] [B]> 70[/B])
        BackColor = Color.DarkGreen; //MidnightBlue;
    if (RSI(myInput0,3)[0] [B]< 30[/B])
        BackColor = Color.DarkRed; [/FONT]
    If this is the case I have bolded the code which looks at whether the first condition is over 70, and whether the second condition is under 30. By changing the 70 and 30 here to 50 and 50 you will have the point of control you are looking for. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks but what was in green was from an RSI indicator I don't use anymore.
      I want my Money Flow Indicator to change backgrounds at 50 and included the greened RSI as an example of what I need to change. I don't know how to replace the RSI references it had with Money Flow references in the backcolor part to tell the code to recolor at 50.
      Last edited by simpletrades; 03-09-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you for this additional information.

Attached is a code sample functionally identical to the ChaikinMoneyFlow indicator, with commented out instructions that will guide you through accomplishing this goal. Code samples we provide are for educational purposes, and are not intended for live trading, and are not guaranteed to accomplish any user goal or to be maintained.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
        Attached Files
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks, i'll try this weekend.

Comment

Thank you for providing this information. Mini-courses like this could be great side hustles. If I knew as much, I would make my online school, but I am new to the field and need more information to start making money from it. So far, I'm working as a clerk at a small law firm and dreaming of a great future. I know people on this forum have reached heights now, starting from tiny positions like mine. Can you share your experiences and how to make it all the way to recognition with the least amount of loss?
            Last edited by Bestsmag; 03-25-2022, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes