Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Displaced item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaced item

Hello,Support and All!

How do i make an alert for the current value on a displaced item?It seem that if i project - n bars into the future the current value doesnt trigger alert even though i see it touches it.Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hello outsource, and thank you for your question. I have prepared the following video which demonstrates placing an alert with both a price and time offset. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello outsource, and thank you for your question. I have prepared the following video which demonstrates placing an alert with both a price and time offset. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

https://www.screencast.com/t/AElsCKCFNOm
      Hi,Jessica,

First,by ' i project n bars into the future' i meant exactly that - displacement.Sorry for the confusion.

Second,what i requested was fo NT7,not NT8.I think it was the NT7 Indicator Development section.So the video didn`t help actually,sorry.

The indicator is the BBChartScaling.Please see the attached.If you put it on a chart and set Lines to HLines and displace the value to lets say 20 bars,you should see that the Current bar is touching the lines but there`s no alert.So,i`m trying to figure out if it`s possible to have alerts for the current bar HLines value when it touches it.

thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try checking the condition of the Close of the current bar to the price level of the indicator X bars back (displacement value, ie 20). Of course you can't do that within the first X bars of the chart.
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
          Try checking the condition of the Close of the current bar to the price level of the indicator X bars back (displacement value, ie 20). Of course you can't do that within the first X bars of the chart.
          That`s what i was asking,if it was possible or any workaround for that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin