Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

plots and changing color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plots and changing color

I am creating a volume bar indicator for myself. I was wondering if i want to change the color
    dynamically on certain parameter criteria, do i have to create more than 1 pen plots like these. I will have 5 color criteria based on my logic.

Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Orange), PlotStyle.Bar, "VerticalBar"));

What I want to do is after bar close change the color of bar depending on what my algo is

Hello ballboy11,

Thanks for opening the thread.

You should not need to create multiple plots to show different colors. I would advise creating an additional plot if there was more than one type of visual output you would like to observe from the same data set.

To change the colors of a plot, it is recommended to use the PlotColors array.

Syntax, documentation, and sample code can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...plotcolors.htm

We also have a sample indicator that demonstrates how to add colors as a parameter that may be of use to you when adding these parameters to your volume indicator.

User Definable Color Inputs - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4977

Please let me know if I may be of further help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses