Mini Dax (interactive brokers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Dax (interactive brokers)

Hi, I´m trying config instrument mini dax future, I connect Ninja Trader with Interactive brokers and I see the future at 25€ points without problem, but I can´t see mini dax at 5€ point.

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post,

There is a known limitation with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader that only the FDXM or FDAX instrument may be used at one time, and not both at the same time. By default, the FDXM will be disabled. If you would like to use this instead of the FDAX, please use these steps.

From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instrument Manager.
    Search for FDXM.
    Once found, click FDXM and select "edit".
    Click on the 'Misc' tab
    Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and delete the "-disabled" part of this Parameter.
    Click "OK" to save your changes.
    Once this is done, please disable the FDAX instrument.

From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instrument Manager.
    Search for FDAX.
    Once found, click FDAX and select "edit".
    Click on the 'Misc' tab
    Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and add in the "-disabled" just after the instrument name. This will look almost exactly like the FDXM instrument did before.
    Click "OK" to save your changes.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks

Perfect I configure Mini Dax without problem.
      I see that when I buy contract see the order pending on both platform IB and Ninja, but if order is executed I see on IB platform but I can´t see the possition on Ninja Chart. With other instruments don´t have this problem.
      thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

If the correct account is selected from the Chart Trader toolbar, then this would be unexpected.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Hi,

I need to trade both contracts from NinjaTrader. I'm using NT 7. Is there any update about that?

Perhaps this has been fixed on NT8?

Any solution to trade both?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Plaket,

Thank you for your post.There has been no update to this matter in either NinjaTrader 7 or 8 - only one can be enabled for trading via IB at this time. However, I will forward your note to our development team so interest is tracked for future consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi - Thats a big limitation! is it planned to fix the issue near-term?

Comment

SafruAI,

Thanks for replying.

Eric previously mentioned a Feature Request is in place for this item, but we cannot guarantee if/when these requests will ever be implemented. I will be happy to submit your note as an additional vote towards this request. Please note this is a limittaiton only with Interactive Brokers connections.
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

could it be, that the same problem exists with silver futures.
                  For NYMEX SI there are two contracts. One with a 5000 and another with a multiplier of 1000.
                  Symbols are SI (5000) and SIL (1000). If i try to trade the SIL contract (with IB) i get an error message
                  "No security definition has been found". The normal SI contract works.

The instrument definition in NT8 says for SI with IB: SI|||5000
                  For SIL it says: SIL|||1000

Like with FDAX/FDXM do i need to disable one of the two contract
                  or is SIL|||1000 just wrong and i need to use SI|||1000?

I just tried with SI|||1000 that seems to work just fine. So could you please confirm that this is a bug with the IB
                  instrument definition for SIL?

Thank you.
                  Last edited by autogenix; 10-29-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

autogenix,

Thanks for posting today.

This wouldn't be a documented item with the Silver contracts, so I'd recommend writing in to us directly with this question to PlatformSupport [at] NinjaTrader (dot) com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. We will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20191029.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Hi Drew,

thank you, i will provide the requested data.

Regarding DAX and Mini-Dax contracts.
                      That behaviour with Silver made me curious.

I removed the "-disabled" string from both FDXM and FDAX in the IB instrument specification.
                      So both symbols are now tradable. This works, just tested with IB.

But ... i just use IB as an execution path. I do not use data from them.
                      I get my data from CQG Continuum and also made CQG the preferred supplier for futures data
                      via the connection order and the settings under Tools > Options > Market Data.

So just orders get send to IB. Maybe the symbol limitations mentioned above are only in regards to
                      symbol data?

Comment

autogenix,

This limitation only exists when using data from Interactive Brokers. Since you're getting data from CQG/Continuum, this isn't needed any longer.

Comment

Regarding FDAX/FDXM you mean? Good to know. Btw. pls add a note to the documentation regarding this.
                          I had to remove the "-disabled" string from the symbol mapping to trade both symbols. FDXM and FDAX.

The SIL mapping is broken for me. Please see my email.

Comment

autogenix,

Thanks for clarifying.

I'll review the information in the email and follow up with you directly. I'll be happy to submit documentation and/or database update recommendations regarding this item as needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Irukandji  
                            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes