IB Connectivity Issue--Change is settings directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Connectivity Issue--Change is settings directory

My TWS was doing some strange things and their tech dept had me change my login settings directory for TWS 884. It was changed from C:\Jts to C:\Jts2.

Of course now NT won't connect with IB. IB tech said that you should be able to provide me with a configuration change for the auto-login. Can someone help me with this?

TIA

You can uncheck Auto Login in your account setup. With this unchecked you can open and log-in to TWS and then connect NinjaTrader.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I turned off auto-login and I'm still getting this message:

"Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

IB told me that I would have to change the current login script on NT's side in order to be able to login.

Comment

There isn't a way for you to change where the auto login points, but the manual log-in should still work.

The error you are receiving means the client ID of zero in your connection is being used by another program as well. Please check all of your connection information and make sure nothing but NInjaTrader is connecting to TWS.

Comment

Can you tell me how to manually login? What steps do I need to go through?

Comment

Just log-in to TWS first with your password and user name.

Then open NinjaTrader and connect by going to FIle--> Connect--> IB.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
              Just log-in to TWS first with your password and user name.

Then open NinjaTrader and connect by going to FIle--> Connect--> IB.
              That's exactly what I was doing before when I got the message:

"Login fialed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Just tried it again... same message

Comment

Try deleting the account connection, repairing your database (Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB), restart NinjaTrader, and re-create the connection.

If this does not resolve the issue please send your IB log-in credentials to support AT ninjatrader DOT com attn Jessica and I will test this further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                  Try deleting the account connection, repairing your database (Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB), restart NinjaTrader, and re-create the connection.

If this does not resolve the issue please send your IB log-in credentials to support AT ninjatrader DOT com attn Jessica and I will test this further.
                  Still a No-Go.

However, as an experiment I switched the settings directory back to C:\Jts and I was able to manually connect right away so whatever the issue is with connecting to NT, it is with settings directory set at C:\Jts2. IB says there should be a way around it but it would probably require a different NT connection script.

I wish I could just use the C:\Jts but there is some kind of corruption issue I'm guessing with the TWS 884 that is causing random anomolies while TWS 884 is running. I tried to troubleshoot it with IB and cleared out the Java Temp files and that stopped the problem for a couple of hours and then the issues resurfaced again.

Very frustrating.

Any other ideas how NT can connect using the settings directory set at C:\Jts2?
                  Last edited by crazyhorse2393; 08-28-2008, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Please send me a note at support AT ninjatrader DOT com, and we can see if we can get everything to work with the normal TWS settings.

Comment

Just got off the phone with IB again. They think there might be a chance that the TWS 884 version I downloaded off of the NT website this weekend might be corrupt somewhere causing the anomalies. Unfortunately, IB doesn't have a link where I can download an older version of TWS 884. The only thing they could recommend is a complete uninstall of TWS 884 and upgrade to a newer version. Any thoughts?

The older version of TWS 884 that I had worked great. Never had any problems until I downloaded the new one.

Comment

I would suggest uninstalling the version you have now, clearing your browser cache and history, and then downloading it from our website once more.

Comment

I just sent you an email.

Comment

(WOW, I can't belive I spent all day figuring this out!!)

Okay boys and girls, here is the scoop. I did a complete reinstall of everything on my computer this weekend beginning with a format of the hardrive so everything was freshly installed. The newest version of NT and TWS 884 as found on NT's website.

Long LONG story short. The newest version of NT and TWS 884 will only play nice so long as the NT auto-logon feature is NOT used. The moment you enable the auto-logon, NT takes over TWS 884 and causes it to do really screwy things. If you enable the auto-logon and screw TWS up the only way to get TWS back to normal is to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. It probably wouldn't hurt to uninstall and reinstall java as well. (which I've done several times today)

Moral of the story, manually connect NT to TWS!!!

(and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed)

Comment

Thank you for the update.

The auto log-in on my connection is working as expected, but if you are using different directory settings you will be better off using the manual log-in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes