Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I see that you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.34). Please upgrade to the latest version (7.0.1000.35) and reset your instruments to make sure that your NinjaTrader has all updates.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

After the update, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader

What you're describing sounds like a cache issue, To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
    • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Your connection order should not matter for this issue, however, here is some more detail about how multiple connections work in NinjaTrader 7:

AMP is a CQG-based connection. CQG-based connections provide futures and indices data only into NinjaTrader. TD Ameritrade provides equities and indices data only into NinjaTrader.

Please visit the following help guide page to learn more about multiple connections in NinjaTrader 7:

It is not possible to select a preferred data provider in NinjaTrader 7, but this can be done in NinjaTrader 8. Here is more information about that feature:

Leave a comment:

• elgaza
    started a topic loading data

loading data

OK so here is a problem I held off but can't really go on like that
    the problem happens almost all the time, but every now and then

I have my workspace open, with lets say 6S, 3 windows
    and then when I want to change the instrument to some thing else from the drop down arrow, it'll say loading and won't show anything on the chart
    even if I try to open a new chart from the Control Center it will not load anything and will leave me with an empty chart till I restart NinjaTrader

I managed to stomach this for a while but for goodness sakes there must be something you guys can do about it no?

I have NT7 ver 7.0.1000.34

thank you

p.s. I do have an Idea now that I'm looking at the Control Center what the problem is
    I have 2 connections 1 with AMP and 1 with TD
    is there a way to tell NinjaTrader a certain instrument should always refer to a connection I chose?

Thank you again

Update:

I have disconnected TD connection, try to reload all data for that instrument and no luck
    even trying to create a new chart, same problem till I restart NT
    Last edited by elgaza; 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post PaulMohn  
Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post GLFX005
by GLFX005