Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Trading using E-signal + NT + MF Global broker

Hello,

NT staff mentioned in previous thread that NT has to be "restarted" once each day "manually" after broker servers are "re-set" each day.

I'm trying to automate the process of re-starting NT each day using the well-known "MacroExpress" program which creates a macro program script which will shut down NT just before the broker servers are re-set and then re-open NT program back up again just after the broker servers are re-set.

To do this i need to ask NinjaTrader staff this question: Once I run the NT program (by clicking Start button and then clicking NinjaTrader icon on desktop using my mouse), I then see the "Control Centre - Default" window, once this is done, is NT completely ready to fire orders to my broker? Or, is there another manual step involved like clicking on File tab then Connect tab and the select my broker connection ie lets call these additional steps the "connection to my broker step" which may (im not sure?) need to be done before NT is ready to fire off orders to my broker?

So my question really is what are the exact steps involved to get NT ready for firing orders to my broker, after the 1st step which is the run the NT exe. program first.

I just need to know the answer before I go live with NT. Thanks in advance. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Rod

You need to be connected in order to submit orders to your broker.

Comment

ok. does NinjaTrader connect to my broker automatically when i run the NT exe file?

or, do i have to force NT to connect manually by clicking some buttons in NT?

thank you.

regards

Rod

Comment

Hello,

You will need to manually connect NinjaTrader each time: File>Connect>select the connection you want.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you Ben and Dierk for your replies.

Just 1 other question: My broker "re-sets" their servers between 4pm-4:30pm each day. As a result, do I have to shut down NT program completely at say 3:55pm and open NT program back up at say 4:35pm? Or is it sufficent to just disconnect from broker server at 3:55pm and re-connect at 4:35pm (with NT program remaining open and running) ?

Thank you in advance. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Hello,

I see from your original post that you are using Patsystems. You will need to restart NT in this case, but feel free to test it.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes