RunTime Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunTime Error

I just restore a PC from crash and after reinstall the NT 6.5 it come up the following runtime error ! message

Runtime error !

Program C:\program files\ninjatrader 6.5\bin\NinjaTrader.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Anyone can help..

Hello Andy,

Please see the response I have sent to the email you sent to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Visual C++ Runtime Error in Ninatrader7

Jason, I am getting the same error in NT7.

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for assistance",

I have C# Express Edition on the same PC but unfortunately nothing happened when I selected the Debug option. Looks like I need to get C++ Express Edition, too!

Comment

Hello,

Since you are asking about NT7, I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's working again

A couple of times this happened when I tried to RE-start NT after a normal shutdown. After restarting the computer NT would be be able to start up. Then I crashed it by trying to open an indicator that I had downloaded from the forums, and NT7 would not restart even after restarting the computer.

The indicator that crashed NT7 was the latest version of Smoothed Heiken Ashi with Price. To get it to compile, it had been necessary to update a couple of Draw statements. Then it compiled fine, but trying to run it gave NT7 a heart attack.

Needless to say, I won't try to use that indicator again. In the meantime I also did a repair installation of DotNet 3.5. Now, a couple of restarts later, everything seems to be OK.

I also ran Advanced System Care Free Edition, which might or might not have helped. That program does seem to do a good job of defragmenting the files used by NT. So I don't know what cured the problem, or if it will recur or not.

Comment

NT7 start process stops, program will not load

The program had been working fine since yesterday, but now, after the Startup splash screen closes, nothing else happens. Nothing appears in the Windows toolbar and the Control Center does not display, but the Ninjatrader Windows process keeps running.

Earlier today (Sunday) I had to use Task Manager to end the NT process after some charts X'd out during Market Replay. (Clicking OK on the Ninjatrader Needs to Close error box just caused another error box to open, and the program controls would not close the program.) All subsequent NT7 start attempts failed.

After the splash screen closes, Task Manager shows the NT process loafing along with 53MB of memory consumption and zero CPU. No error boxes pop up. There are no errors in the log or trace files. They just stop receiving any new entries a few minutes after the start attempt. The last trace entries are datafeed connection events such as:

2010-01-10 14:52:19:062 (Velocity) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: Connecting Connecting

Deleting all workspaces, repairing dotNet 3.5, and finally, uninstalling NT7 and reinstalling it into a different folder, did not help. However this did not have any effect on 6.5 ,which continues to start and work normally.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Since you are asking about NT7, I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

start hangs up if "connect on startup" TT datafeed is down

My TT connection was set to connect automatically on startup (box checked).

When I connected on Sunday, the TT datafeed was down.

Ninja just kept waiting for the connection. The last entry in the trace file said it was connecting to TT. Since Control Center did not load and there were no message boxes, there was no indication of what the program was doing, unless you looked in the trace file.

Program should wait a reasonable time and if no response from datafeed(s) that is (are) set to connect on startup, should bypass that step and display the Control Center and workspace anyway, along with a user notification of the failure to connect.

Comment

Ricam, sorry for the late reply and thanks for the detailed reports.

Correct on the weekend usually some sort of maintenance is happeing thus explaining being unable to login.

I'll forward your remark to development, though I believe it should give you a 'login failed' notification after x attempts.

Were you using the 6.5 with the same connection successfully at this time then or was it giving you the same connection issue?

Thanks
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Datafeed availability does not cause problems with 6.5

During time that NT7 would not load, NT6.5 started up fine.

However, NT6.5 was NOT set to load any connections on startup, since it does not give that option. So the availability status of a datafeed will not affect its startup.

Automatic connect is a good feature, especially if a hibernating computer is set to wake up at a certain time and then start NT. But it needs to be bullet proof.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed feedback, on my list to check into next weekend to reproduce on my end.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jaybedreamin  
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes