Basic Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Issues

When will NT be fully XP compatible? ie when will minimized charts open by single clicking the tab in task bar.

When will I be able to trade of the chart properly? ie when will I be able to enter limit orders without having to fiddle with a clumsy ill thought out menu with a load of options unrelated to trading.

When will tik charts fire up reliably showing current tik and back? I dont want these problems of trying to select todays date as last date and it not being accepted. Why is there no intraday option for the sake of clarity and reliability?

Why doesnt NT use Interactive Brokers historical data?It is sold as a front end to IB (and all that implies) is it not?

Hello poeds,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of all forms having a link button on top and could happen on XP.

ChartTrader is designed this manner to submit orders. I will forward your suggestion to our Development team to put it on the list of future considerations of the software.

As per the tick charts, am I correct in understanding your tick charts do not display data for the current day even if this is specified in the Format Data Series of your chart. If so, please tell me what data feed provider you use. Not exactly sure what you mean by 'intraday option'.

IB supports historical minute and daily data as you can see at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The "format data series" option in chart gives a start date and end date option, as if assuming its historical data that will be requested. When asking for a tik chart u have to specify todays date and sometimes whaen u ok that selection and look at the chart, it is not updating so going back to that nenu it has gone back to yesterdays date as to date. Repeat that a few times and then try and select a minute chart load that and then change to tik using the drop down menu on the chart and it works.

By intraday i mean a button on the chart that says to the chart " i want current tik and all tiks back to session start time" everything else is socondary. Currently when I open NT i have to check that all the tik charts are working as some( randomly it seems) do not. The trading window will show current bid/ask moving no problem, chart has no update, stuck on last close.

Comment

poeds,

Could you please describe the exact steps you are using in Format Data Series? I am not able to reproduce chart date reverts on my end.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can reproduce when market open,but goes like this

create 19tik chart of FDAX (usualy by creating 3min chart and then changing data series to tik 19)

save workspace at end day

open NT next day, 3min chart updating ok , tik chart not moving but bid ask on chart trader is working so look at format data series on chart looks ok except last date set to yesterday date so change that to todays date ok that same open format data series again, date reverted to yesterday again. try ad infinitum to get some sense nothing. change date to 3 min everything ok. use data series button again to change to 19 tik works. i have repaired DB few times

Comment

Hello poeds,

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. Make sure you have our latest version, NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.5. You can check this under Help-->About.

I suggest to delete the workspace that contains the 19 tick chart at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces. Start NinjaTrader and use a new workspace to save the 19 tick chart and check if the issue persists.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

checked NT version, latest
              yesterday I deleted all workspaces and got 2 fresh charts up for Z and FDAX by creating 3 min charts and then altering them to 19tik, i then saved workspace as 19tik
              now i have opened NT and workspace 19tik has opened ok showing the 2 charts/plots from yesterday

Z isnt trading yet so there is no b/a price on the chart trader but FDAX is trading and thee is b/a currently around 6407, the chart is not updating and shows the last price from when i closed yesterday 6432 i open format data series
              FDAX 09-08
              19 Tick
              10 days back
              last date02/09/2008

changed to 1min chart and then back to 19tik, and it now works

Comment

am i correct that left click on the chart has no function? or if it is not possible to descriminate between clik and clik hold the following would still be ok
                stick a button on the chart trader panel that toggles between enable limit trade and disable limit trade so when enabled a left clik on the chart area will send a limit order as appropriate at the price the cursor indicates. the toggle should remain enabled until the user disables.

Comment

poeds,

When you opened your chart it said 02/09/2008 automatically right? Or did this only occur after you started fiddling with the time frame?

Thanks for the suggestion for Chart Trader. We will put it on the list of future considerations.

Comment

no fiddling

Comment

Would you mind sending me your workspace to josh.peng [at] ninjatrader [dot] com?

Also, which data feed are you using? Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post alifarahani  
                      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes