problem loading charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem loading charts

I have been experiencing on and off problem when loading my charts. A dialog box will come up saying "loading" then that goes away and another box pops up saying "saving". but this box that say "saving" will just sit there and my charts will not load. I get this messege in the log section whenever this happen

from log
    Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Which instrument are you pulling? Any indicators or strategies on the chart? What type of chart? Daily? Tick? Min?

Try decreasing the data set you are pulling by decreasing the amount of days to load in the "Format Data Series" dialog box.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh I have just started over the weeKend to have the same problem.
      ZenFire Data, Range Bar Charts & latest version of NT.
      It has never happened before.
      Regards John

Comment

I am trying to load the ES and i do have a few indicators on my charts but no strategy. I am using volume bars and adjusting the amount of days to load does not make any difference.

Comment

Hello John_Aus and trader413,

Please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB, open up a new chart and check if the behavior persists.

If so, could you please go to Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete and delete all historical tick data for the instrument you had selected in the chart.

Create a new chart and check if the issue persists. If so, I suggest to open up a new chart in a different workspace and check if that will make a difference.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason
            I am still having the same difficulties.
            If I dont delete history & repair BD every time before connecting it will always come up with the message "LOADING DATA & Saving" in the message box when I try to load a chart.
            If after having done the above it will then load one chart regardless of what indicators are on it BUT it will never load a second chart. It again comes up with the same message.
            I am using ZenFire with 6e instrument.
            I have completely uninstalled NT TOTALLY from the computer and reset everthing up again to no avail.
            Prior to Saturday it never gave these problems & no changes were made. I am using version 6.5.1000.5.
            In its present state it is unusable. It is so frustrating to have a program that has been working so very well for this to then occurr.
            The log entry when this occurrs is:- "Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data lost: The changes you requested to the tablewere not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again."
            This is meaningless jargon to me.
            Any further suggestions?
            Regards John

Comment

Hello,

Do you have any 3rd party indicators on your charts? If so, please remove them and retest.

Also, please go to File>workspaces>Close and close your current workspace. Then try openning a chart that was previously not openning.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben
                I have removed all of everthing other than original NT material.
                After removing history & Repairing DB I can load two 1 minute chart then I can change one to range bars which I use but when I try to change the second chart to Range Bar it again goes back to the message " LOADING DATA & SAVING".
                I have done all as you suggested.
                John

Comment

Ben
                  The only way I can get a chart to load is by first deleting history before I connect to Zenfire.
                  I can then bring up a range bar or a minute chart but never a second chart. If I don't delete history it always shows the same message. I have tried all combinations I can think of.
                  John

Comment

Hello,

When you attempt to open these charts do you have any indicators on the charts? If so, please retest it without any indicators.

I was not able to reproduce the behavior you describe below. Please tell me what range settings you are using.

Also, please send your log and trace files to me via Help>Mail to support. Please send these attn: Ben and reference this discussion within the message.

Comment

Ben
                      When trying to send via Help> Mail Support I am repeatedly getting a message whih reads "Failed to send Mail
                      A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 81.169.163.72.25."

Can you help/
                      John

Comment

The mail to support feature does not work for a handful of customers. Please email the folder directly from Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>trace, then log.

Comment

thats the only way i can get my charts to load too. i have to delete history, repair and reset the data base and even this only fix the problem temporarily.

Comment

You can send your traces and logs as an atttachment with the instructions provided by Ben:

"The mail to support feature does not work for a handful of customers. Please email the folder directly from Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>trace, then log."
                            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post wzgy0920  
                            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes