Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not get OSX - PHLX Oil Service Sector

Hi,

I have TD Ameritrade account, and is it possible to get data and chart for OSX index - PHLX Oil Service Sector? If so, please show me how as I cannot get this index to work on my NT-7.

Thanks!

Qui.

You've posted this in the NinjaTrader 8 sub-forum, but you mention NinjaTrader 7. I'll provide steps for both versions. Please confirm which version of NinjaTrader you're using.

You'll need to create this instrument manually.

I could not confirm this on my end because my test TDA account does not have access to NASDAQ OSX index data, however, please try this configuration.

I am basing these settings based on what I found when searching through TDA's symbol lookup page:

XOSX - PHLX Oil Service Sector TR Index

NinjaTrader 8:
    • Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Add (bottom right)
    • Enter these values for the instrument settings. If a setting is not mentioned then you can leave the default setting:
    • Master instrument = XOSX
    • Instrument type = Index
    • Exchanges = Omx
    • TD Ameritrade = $XOSX

Here is a screenshot example:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

NinjaTrader 7:
    • Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager > New (bottom center)
    • Enter these values for the instrument settings. If a setting is not mentioned then you can leave the default setting:
    • Master instrument = XOSX
    • Instrument type = Index
    • Exchanges = Omx
    • Switch to the 'Misc' tab
    • TD Ameritrade = $XOSX

Here is a screenshot example:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your support, and I am using NT-7.

Also I did everything per your instruction, but I still could not get the data and chart to show for this XOSX index. Please help me further.

Qui.

Comment

It may be the case that this instrument cannot be mapped into NinjaTrader, however, I would like to do some more testing with you to see if it can be done.

Have you confirmed that your TDA account is enabled for real-time and historical data for this instrument? If you are unsure, please contact TDA directly.

Once you've confirmed this, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief description of the issue and a link to this forum thread and also include a reference: "1750922 ATTN Patrick G". From there, we'll continue to work on getting this data into NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Kaledus