Different Data on 2 Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Data on 2 Computers

I have 2 logins for datafeed on ninjatrader continuum with a lifetime license and I am using each log in with a separate computer. The computers are exactly the same. Everything in settings is set identically on ninjatrader control panel.

I have opened a chart on each log-in with the same exact indicators all set to calculate on bar close: false.

I have realized that there are noticeable differences in the data on these 2 logins/computers. For example, the real time value of the indicator "momentum" is different by about .03

The value of current market price has differed at times by a few decimal points.

What is going on? Why would the data be being received and showed to me differently? Shouldn't the real time live data be identical across the board? This is obviously quite troublesome at it plays a role in how and when I trade.

And this is not a problem with historical data, because I have tried clearing and repairing DB and eventually reloading historical data on each chart to get them to synch up, but they still remain different.

Please help me.

Hello WilliamW,

Thank you for posting in our forum. There are a few things to look at here:

The time interval (chart type, etc), Days to load, and Session template parameters on both charts (found in the Data Series menu)

The Period, Input series, and Maximum bars look back parameters on both charts (found in the Indicators menu)

If these are the same on both charts (on your different PCs) and you are still noticing a discrepancy, please follow the steps below to sync your PC clock. Please perform these steps on both of your PCs.

Shutdown NinjaTrader
    Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    Select Adjust date/time
    For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the charts and select Reload All Historical Data.

If you are still experiencing a discrepancy, please let me know.

Comment

Hello,

I actually made sure that everything in the Data Series menu and Indicators menu were identical before posting the question, so that definitely wasn't the issue.

I didn't try synching up the clocks. I was planning on giving it a try today, however, when I looked at the data feeds today, they seemingly "magically" synched up.

I didnt change or adjust anything today, but today my 2 data's were identical.

Do you have any idea why this could be? That on one day the data values differ but then later just synch up?

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot be sure what had changed between your tests, but if you notice a discrepancy again today or in the future, please let me know. We'll continue to troubleshoot this issue until resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post quantismo  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader